Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I met Brightons greatest Right Back ever last night.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
And I was left FUMING when he told me he heard someone shout "f*** off back to Chesterfield" at the game yesterday. Show some f***ing respect, will you? :tosser:

Andy Whing. :bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I though our best ever right back had died recently Des Tennant. Whing has not done anything wrong in the preseason friendlies but I wouldnt class him possibly in the top 10 best ever right backs certainly not in the top 5. Having said that the remark was uncalled for as he has shown what a true professional he is.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
If Gus say's we need 2 players for every position then for me Whing is a perfect replacement for Calderon! You won't find many right backs that will be happy to sit on the bench, not saying Whing will be but the bloke is a proper team player and i would like him to stay and fight for his place!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's not even our current best right back, but I like him and hope he stays. When the chips were down he was one of the few who showed character a couple of seasons ago when so many hid when Adams completely lost the plot.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Whoever said that is a total spaz. Andy whing is a great player for us and he always gives 100% why do you think he was voted player of the season the season before last?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
greatest ever ....

Like Whing fully committed pro, would he be happy playing back up to Calderon though

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3629606 said:
You were in Oceana then?

I spoke to him in the toilets, he told me he wants to stay but doesn't think he will be.

Nah, Life. He was with Tommy Elphick & Sam Rents.

This would have been about 2? :shrug:

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3629606 said:
You were in Oceana then?

I spoke to him in the toilets, he told me he wants to stay but doesn't think he will be.

We saw him in life with dicker and elphick. Ps was it rents pd?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
We saw him in life with dicker and elphick. Ps was it rents pd?

Walker said it was, yeah.

He loved me singing "Number one was Andy Whing". I said "Please don't go, you're a hero" :facepalm: :blush:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whing was the best player in a particularly shit season, hence he won the player of the year award, if nothing else for his attitude and enthusiasm.

Sadly now the rest of the team has gone up a notch, I don't think he's up to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here