Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I LOVE this top from the Club Shop

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Shame it says "25 years" on it really, it'll be out of date next year.

35 quid though?! mental

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah, and those 2001 Centenary shirts are WELL out of date now. About time they did some new ones surely.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Who wants to CELEBRATE or REMEMBER a LOSS :angry::angry::angry:

In some ways I agree with Ernest's negative sentiments, it's a poor reflection of the status of this club (or a desire to market any option going to make money!)when the best we can come up with is an anniversary celebration of playing in (but not winning) the 1983 FA Cup Final, a cup that these days is not held in the esteem it was back then in any case.

Personally I'd prefer a shirt celebrating our Charity Shield victory of 1912 (?) when I think I'm correct in saying we beat Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge in the final. Now that I would buy if it was decent enough, so hopefully in 2012 (or whenever the 100 years are up) the club shop can get its act together on that one. If nothing else it would have kitsch value!

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
In some ways I agree with Ernest's negative sentiments, it's a poor reflection of the status of this club (or a desire to market any option going to make money!)when the best we can come up with is an anniversary celebration of playing in (but not winning) the 1983 FA Cup Final, a cup that these days is not held in the esteem it was back then in any case

I don't think its a 'poor' reflection of the club's status, its just a reflection. Until this season's bizarre FA Cup shenanigans (which have given me renewed hope), the chances of us ever getting back there looked pretty feckin distant. Add to that how far we fell after '83 and it makes it all the more worth remembering that once upon a time we got there and we had the nation's attention. And yes all you older fans remember it like yesterday, but alot of us were too young to properly have enjoyed the moment. I'm not embarassed to shout about it to my mates (who only support 'big' teams) that we got to the final once, and it keeps the light burning that one beautiful day we'll be back.

Plus, it brings in a wee bit of cash for the club if soppy gits like me fork out for em.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
In some ways I agree with Ernest's negative sentiments, it's a poor reflection of the status of this club (or a desire to market any option going to make money!)when the best we can come up with is an anniversary celebration of playing in (but not winning) the 1983 FA Cup Final, a cup that these days is not held in the esteem it was back then in any case.

Personally I'd prefer a shirt celebrating our Charity Shield victory of 1912 (?) when I think I'm correct in saying we beat Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge in the final. Now that I would buy if it was decent enough, so hopefully in 2012 (or whenever the 100 years are up) the club shop can get its act together on that one. If nothing else it would have kitsch value!

agreed :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It looks to me like the sort of thing that might be fun to wear once or twice. But then after about 6 wears, it would fall to pieces and look even shitter than the shiney 80s piece of tat it was replicating.

And for that reason, I'm OUT.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Great achievement that it was getting to the final, it's a bit embarrassing to celebrate after 25 years.. we LOST!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
adidas originals are a fashion brand not a sports label - they introduced originals to offset the 'performance' side of the market and they aren't as commercially driven as the former.

innervisons records in berlin worked with adidas producing one off shirts for the world cup, it was a limited edition run with the emphahsis on adidas orginals alligning themselves with another cool brand or event.

i'm not sure the club have the pr nous OR merchandise track record to entice adidas' interest.

fair play to the club for giving it a go using their own resources, i will always be picky about these things but if i was a chelsea fan i wouldn't wear a fake shirt i'd bought from a market in spain.

I contacted Adidas with regards to their originals brand advertising on my site, you know, their retro Liverpool Shirt advertised on the Liverpool page on my site, and so on with all their "Originals" footie shirts.

Well, to start with I phoned them, very polite, "yes sir, you need to write into the afilliate advertising dept". So I did, and got no reply, so I phoned them again, they gave me an email address, so I wrote again. Got an anonymous reply telling me that;

"We do not accept unsolicited approaches from commercial organisations blah blah blah"

even though I had made it clear what OFS is all about, i.e. not commercial etc. Sent them a reply, got pretty much the same message back.

So, Adidas, I guess they really don't give a toss unless the numbers are massive. I get about 2000 hits a month on the Liverpool page on my site alone, obviously not enough.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Bloody hell our fans moan about a lot!!!

I's a bloody training JACKET - of COURSE it's not going to be fleece lined or thick!

We probably aren't allowed to have our jackets made by adiddas because of contracts in other areas, so wouldn't be able to have the 3 stripes.

The price is a tad on the high side - but if you dont want it, don't buy it - if it doesn't sell then they'll mark down the price - that's how most clothing departments work.

Stop complaining - it's a nice jacket, our designers aren't exactly f***ing Gucci!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here