Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I love this - Front of Match Magazine

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That is fantastic. Is it this week's edition? If so I'm buying it tomorrow. Honestly - I can name Ronaldo but couldn't tell you who the others are (except for CMS)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It is a truly great thing for sons of all ages who have had to suffer such shit football for years to now be able to hold their own at school and to see Brighton players viewed in this way. I love it completely.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
what happened to Shoot magazine? is it still going?

Shoot died years ago, a shadow of its former self. I think Shoot Annual probably still gets published each year.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is Shoot really dead? Sad times if true. Match magazine certainly does seem to have cornered the market for boys (and I guess girls!) football magazines.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I really loved Roy of the Rovers. When we were on the up in the 70's we would get a player featured at least once a month - be it Peter Ward, Peter O Sullivan (who they also featured when he played for Fulham), Brian Horton etc

I met someone a few years ago who worked on RotR and he said that there was a lot of rivalry played out on that comic as people tried to get their team mentioned the most. The one he remembered was one of the artists who was a fulham fan who drew a picture (based on a photo) or John Margerison scoring for Fulham against Brighton and because the Editor was a fulham fan it got put on the front cover and the photo went on the back page in the 'Great Goals' section.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If you have the magazine then you may know what I'm on about.. why is ronaldo playing with an npower football league ball in the middle page? Saw it in Asda and I'm confused...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here