Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I like the Eurovision Song Contest so there thread

Eurovision is

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The question is to admit you like the Eurovision song contest or not. Is it shameful or sad ?.

Blue singing for the UK and Jedward singing for Ireland what could POSSIBLY go wrong ?.

Whats the verdict ?.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I used to vaguely watch the songs and enjoy Wogan's comments at the politics and loved the votes in the days of Cyprus and Greece always giving each other max points. Once Wogan left and since the Eastern Bloc countries took it over and turned it into a complete shitfest I'm afraid I've totally lost interest

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm...if I'm stuck in front of the gogglebox on a Saturday evening, I think I'd prefer to use that time watching some quality filmage than spend hours in front of this, although I appreciate it can be unintentionally hilarious at times.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
When you add together the comedy value and the level of hotties from eastern-Europe that appear... you've definitely got some top TV viewing.

Though even I won't go so far as to watch the semi-finals...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Eurovision is a great betting event. Sod the Grand National. This is the real deal.

7 of the last 8 winners were solo acts. Bands don't win (a bit like X Factor)
A late draw is best.

If only that bloke from Finland wasn't drawn 1, I'd be advising GET ON LARGE.
I've laid Jedward on betfair not to get through the qualifer tonight at 1.22.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
When you add together the comedy value and the level of hotties from eastern-Europe that appear... you've definitely got some top TV viewing.

I backed Turkey before the semi's as they usually have some hot euro tot prancing round the stage.

Imagine my horror when I noticed it was an ALL MALE Prog ROCK group. NO NO NO. No wonder they didn't qualify on Tuesday. Thankfully I laid off just in time.

Take note Turkey. Get the FIT birds on stage next year.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Every year I swear I won't watch it but always end up doing so ..... right to the bitter end. I also thought Norton would ruin it when Wogan left but I actually quite enjoy his commentary ( along with his BBC2 radio show on Saturday morning but that probably has more to do with me being a sad middle aged git :down: ).

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Never bother with the semis but love the final..... great excuse for a party!!

Everyone in TUrkey hated their song! As for totty... cant remember a beautiful turkish singer entering. The sexy ones cant sing.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Eurovision is one of my annual TV highlights. Its the best and if you knew me, I would be the last bloke on earth that you would suspect being a fan. It beats 99% of all other TV programs in the year and that includes the Celebrity Come Dine My Big Fat Jungle Wife Swap.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's so bent it's as if FIFA are the behind the scenes organisers

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Never used to like it, but have got more into it in recent years.

Harmless and good for a laugh, just not to be taken too seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here