Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know Walcott will get the praise tonight...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
..and deservedly so.

But who was calling on a certain Scouse striker to be dropped?

2702545384-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-qualifying-group-e-england-v.jpg

WHAT a performance from the boy tonight.

Running around all over the place, tracking back, superb defending, combined with an utterly FANTASTIC touch, passing passing ability and brilliant finish.

It's been a while coming, but he's finally delivered.

ROooooooooooney :bowdown:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Yeah well it's about f***ing time to be honest.

He OWED us that

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
I cant agree with the superb defending. Once again gave a foul away on the edge of the box with a rash challenge. He should be defending from the front, not in and around his own box.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I thought the whole team played well because they played as a team, With each other and for each other.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Heskey always has a good game, people just look at the goal tally and forget how much work he does winning and holding up the ball and bringing others in to play. Rooney need some like him to draw defenders and create the space.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone seen Herr T?

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
Heskey always has a good game, people just look at the goal tally and forget how much work he does winning and holding up the ball and bringing others in to play. Rooney need some like him to draw defenders and create the space.

this

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
..and deservedly so.

But who was calling on a certain Scouse striker to be dropped?

2702545384-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-qualifying-group-e-england-v.jpg

WHAT a performance from the boy tonight.

Running around all over the place, tracking back, superb defending, combined with an utterly FANTASTIC touch, passing passing ability and brilliant finish.

It's been a while coming, but he's finally delivered.

ROooooooooooney :bowdown:

Yes he did play well, but he was far too deep and doesn't need to come back to defend as offen as he does. He gave away a couple of free kicks near our area (one inparticular was a terrible challenge) when he shoulsn't even be there. I think Hesky was very good as well.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Spot on. I've been a Heskey fan for many a year and its about time he got some recognition for the work he does for the team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rooney played very well, as did all the outfield players. However, it's the first decent match he's had for England for YEARS; you seem to have forgotten the WHOLE of the last campaign when he went missing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here