Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know somebody with Swine Flu

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Over the weekend I found out that my mates little boy has been diagnosed with Swine Flu. This makes it all a bit more real. Does anybody else know anybody who has caught it?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Given the current numbers and the apparent increase in spread, I would imagine we'll all have it or know someone who has very soon. If it is still around when the weather starts getting worse in late Sept/Oct it will spread a lot quicker methinks. If it manages to mutate into something more viralent than the current mild symptoms we could be in a bit of trouble. As someone who is at high risk - fingers crossed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I really don't think it is responsible for you lot to be on NSC, take your germs elsewhere.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Our friends who came back from the US in May started to feel ill 3-4 days later. His son who is a pilot, found out a few days earlier the plane was used on a Mexico trip. He wonders if he and his partner had a mild swine flu. He was not laid up, but had some of the symptoms described.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Our friends who came back from the US in May started to feel ill 3-4 days later. His son who is a pilot, found out a few days earlier the plane was used on a Mexico trip. He wonders if he and his partner had a mild swine flu. He was not laid up, but had some of the symptoms described.

The father of the boy who has swine flu is a pilot also....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I went to a swine flu party a few months ago and managed to get the lesser A(H1N1) flu virus for five days, but hopefully it will now protect me against the deadlier strain.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There was a big outbreak at the girls school in Dulwich near me and one of the girls said it was like a mild cold.

It appears that it is no worse than normal flu which takes out about the same number of people in terms of death rate. 3 dead out of 4000+ in the uk.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
A friend of mine had it a couple of weeks back and caught it around the same time he met up with me when I had a cold/fever.

Whether I had it and gave it to him remains to be seen, but it fits the timeline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here