Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know nobody is interested, but...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have just booked myself a little trip abroad...

06DEC Heathrow - Madrid 17:35 - 20:55
10DEC Madrid - Quito 12:00 - 17:10
08FEB Ushuaia - Buenos Aries 11:05 - 14:33
09FEB Buenos Aries - Sao Paulo 11:05 - 13:55
05APR Buenos Aries - Sydney 14:05 - 17:50
11APR Sydney - Brisbane 10:05 - 11:35
22APR Brisbane - Hong Kong 11:10 - 18:10
25APR Hong Kong - Bangkok 14:25 - 16:25
15MAY Bangkok - New Delhi 17:25 - 19:45
05JUN Mumbai - Heathrow 13:15 - 18:20

:clap2:

Advice / tips for any of the places mentioned would be appreciated.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Looks very nice some interesting places, if you don't mind saying how much did that little lot cost you? Looking to maybe do something similar next year.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Looks very nice some interesting places, if you don't mind saying how much did that little lot cost you? Looking to maybe do something similar next year.

Flights were about £1850, reckon I need about 8K spending money. Budgeted 10K in total.

Am now living on pasta and water for the next five months.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'll make sure I'm away in April then

I'll try not to darken your door again this time.

How is our friend Mr S? I heard a rumour he was back over here...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm going back to Thailand in November for 3 weeks (hopefully a trip to Vietnam thrown in too), Bangkok is alright for 2 days max but once you've done the Go-Go bars/shopping head to the islands. Ko Tao & Ko Phangan are decent (went there last time), looking to go to Phuket side this time around.
Australia....never been but if theres a V8Supercar race on and you go I will hate you forever :D

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm going back to Thailand in November for 3 weeks (hopefully a trip to Vietnam thrown in too), Bangkok is alright for 2 days max but once you've done the Go-Go bars/shopping head to the islands. Ko Tao & Ko Phangan are decent (went there last time), looking to go to Phuket side this time around.
Australia....never been but if theres a V8Supercar race on and you go I will hate you forever :D

Not actually bothering with Thailand, only flying into Bangkok, then going overland to Veitnam, Cambodia and Laos.

Also doing the Galapagos Islands, which should be wicked.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's back in Lewes (for good I reckon) with his missus. Sadly missed. Never forget him pissing on a tramp... horrific thing to do

New missus I assume?

Did he really do that!? Ha ha he hasn't changed then.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Not actually bothering with Thailand, only flying into Bangkok, then going overland to Veitnam, Cambodia and Laos.

Also doing the Galapagos Islands, which should be wicked.

nice one, we're looking at Halong Bay for a few days and also found a Helicopter Trip from Hanoi so the views could be spectacular.....unless its an old US Army chopper and we get shot down :lol:

If we dont do that we may do Cambodia or Laos instead but my hearts set on Halong Bay.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Tim,

Pub advice!

In Sydney - go to the Nelson Pub/Brewery on the Rocks....,
Fortune of War near the harbour, Battle Trafalgar (Rocks also)..

you won't be disappointed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What woman are you getting away from, or is this so you can go find some authentic ladyboys?

She's coming with me so, alas, there will be no ladyboys.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ecuador

Atacames (North Coast Beach Resort)
Banos (Volcanic Region - Touristy town)
The Old Town (Worth wandering around for a while. Don't get put off staying for a short while by the modern parts of Quito)

I worked on this project... www.bellavistacloudforest.com - Main page a little bit pricy, but an incredible place to stay and wander about the cloudforest.

Riobamba was quite cool, but I did go there during carnivale time, so it might be a bit dead.

Trying to think of more names and places - shall probably get back to you on this.

Australia wise, I would definitely recommend doing Fraser Island. I hooked up with 6 other random people and we hired a jeep. It was run through the backpacker place in Hervey Bay (Koala's). One thing that I didn't like about Australia was that you tend to meet only tourists. Oooh, Byron Bay and Nimbin are a must.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here