Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know I am feeling sorry for myself......

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
due to my ankle being f***ed, but...I am very very dissapointed by the news of Virgo going.

IMHO we have lost two of the three genuine class youngsters we have had over the past two seasons( Virgo and Harding). Hinch being the last one who hopefully will recover from an appauling injury,

When DK admitted that we have to sell to survive ( following Coppells departure) I didn't actually believe him, thinking that we would somehow muddle on until Falmer got a yes and we would suddenly be lifted out of the mire. Then we received the letter saying give us your money to fill the black hole...and again we were told its just a contingency. Apparently not.

As for transfers this year, I assume MM must have known that Virgo was going that is why he bought Dodd. The kiddie we bought I have not seen so I cant pass judgement. I assume that as the Falmer Black hole has not really been filled in then all the Virgo money ( another bonus I assume) will go to shore this up. Can anyone honestly see all the 1.5 million going to players?

I even saw that Hutchinson is talking to Millwall at the moment! That really depressed me.

I have stopped watching Sky Sports News as all it shows is all these teams buying players...all we are doing is selling the Crown Jewels.

I really hope two things: MM knows what he is doing in the transfer market and two. Flamer gets the nod. If not there are going to be some very pissed off people around the club

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dave, hop it !

Seriously, I agree, I just hope you get well soon.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
bhaexpress said:
Seriously, I agree, I just hope you get well soon.
You think Dave will get a place in the squad? You're off your rocker!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dave-don't get all worked up about it. We all know that until we know where the club's future lies regarding stadium, whenever we have a valuable assett-it will be sold.

Use this moment to channel your anger/disappointment into a letter to John Prescott to remind him that we need Falmer to prevent all of our talented youth team players leaving the club....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest Dave we all know the situation this club is in until Falmer is given the nod. We have no right to be playing in this division at Withdean and if you ask me it's a miracle that we are. Selling Virgo for 1.5 was a must, even if we didn't have to. He's not worth that money and to have it up front is a big Brucie Bonus.
If we can keep at this level for another season I'll be happy as Larry as if we start thinking about the harsh realisation of what is going on we'll all turn into moody bastards like your good self. Let's all try and enjoy another season of visiting grounds like Elland Road, Hillsborough and so on and battling against the odds like last season. Yes it's hard to have to sell off players to stay afloat but if that's the way it's gotta be then so be it.

I'm WELL excited about this seaon. Colin Kazin-Richards liooks like he's gonna be special, I reckon Knight is going to have a good year, El Abd is becoming a good palyer and I'm sure we'll bring in a couple more faces now. I can't see us doing great but I certainly don't tink we'll go down and at the moment that's good enough for me.

Blah blah blah...

:)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Its the obligatory pre-season depression period on NSC. Be okay as soon as the season starts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
Can anyone honestly see all the 1.5 million going to players?

I doubt anyone can. I certainly would not expect it given the circumstances the club are currently operating in.

Also why would anyone expect all the money to go on players when Dick Knight has already said:

"Some of the Virgo transfer money will immediately be made available to Mark for squad strenghtening..."

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Dave, How many more bloody miracles do we have to perform before you believe BHA are the chosen ones :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bwian said:
Dave-don't get all worked up about it. We all know that until we know where the club's future lies regarding stadium, whenever we have a valuable assett-it will be sold.

Use this moment to channel your anger/disappointment into a letter to John Prescott to remind him that we need Falmer to prevent all of our talented youth team players leaving the club....

I have written so many letters to that Fat Northern Twat i cant be arsed any more

I have a sinking feeling about Falmer at the moment

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Right my two cents worth (for what its worth):

I don't think that in the last two seasons the team have looked cohesive or comfortable with each other. We have a disjointed strike force, a sometimes lazy back line and a mid field that can't find the strikers..... harsh I know but often fair...

So I think a "shake up" is a good thing - new blood for McGhee to shape into something that looks like a team....you know how sometimes it is easier to start over again than to mould someone into a job that isn't suitable?? Well thats what I think he's doing..

Have faith Dave - its no point in us worrying - we'll still support them no matter what happens, so don't be glum....its a new season with new people and a new stadium to look forward too....

Chin up young man!! :cool:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Chin up dave....Is sitting with your foot up getting to you ??

I must admit that a cloud of doom & gloom had come over my usual endless optimism but im sure that we will be ok.

I also think the fact that we got 1.5 mil sets a good precident of what we can expect from the Harding tribunal

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fourteenth Eye said:
Chin up dave....Is sitting with your foot up getting to you ??

I must admit that a cloud of doom & gloom had come over my usual endless optimism but im sure that we will be ok.

I also think the fact that we got 1.5 mil sets a good precident of what we can expect from the Harding tribunal

Yes it is mate. Sitting around just brooding does nothing for the sanity.

AND.......I SWITCHED ON THE TELLY AND THE BLOODY THING MADE A FIZZING SOUND, THE ROOM FILLED WITH AN ACRID SMELL AND NOW THE TV IS BUST!!!!

Firstly the ankle, then the telly...what is the third thing???:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
dave the gaffer said:

AND.......I SWITCHED ON THE TELLY AND THE BLOODY THING MADE A FIZZING SOUND, THE ROOM FILLED WITH AN ACRID SMELL AND NOW THE TV IS BUST!!!!

Firstly the ankle, then the telly...what is the third thing???:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

The local pub has burned down and the curry house has been shut by the local environmental bods!!

Be honest, Dave, we've had two Celtic rumours hit this board in a month, the one with Virgo, the one with McGhee.

Which one would you have perferred to be false if you had to pick just one :)

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perry Milkins said:
The local pub has burned down and the curry house has been shut by the local environmental bods!!

agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"spots DTG hurling himself off Beachy Head ( well hopping himself....)..."

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
Be honest, Dave, we've had two Celtic rumours hit this board in a month, the one with Virgo, the one with McGhee.

Which one would you have perferred to be false if you had to pick just one :)

In the last 30 years I have seen many managers come and go, so if MM was to have gone to Celtic, then I would have shrugged my shoulders, bitched about DK's inability to hold on to decent staff( which is a worry anyway) and looked to see who next for the "hot seat". AV is a tad different as I thought he was possibly the only shining light from last season ( apart from the fact that we scraped up!)

Also, with Virgo not there to challenge for a place up front, my favourite player at the club will obviously get more chances to play....whaich is disasterous

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

I'd be very careful when taking a piss if I were you......

Yoda

English & European
I just think you've got the 'I'm pissed off because I can't do a f***ing thing at the moment because I was a stupid twat for breaking a bone' syndrome. I was like it for the first week or so. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here