Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know everyone is happy with Gus but

should we have tried to get Danny Wilson last season?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
should we have gone for Danny Wilson when we had the chance last season, before he went to Swindon. What he is doing there is pretty bloody impressive.

I hope he gets the chance to manage us as some point, he plays the game like it should be played.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well last season we brought Russell Slade in and I don't think anyone regrets that considering he saved us from the drop.

This is the season of Gus and in Gus we trust.

There's no point in wondering what might have been because we can't turn back the clock. And anyway there was a time when we were all desperate for Gannon to get the manager's job but his career at Motherwell so far is hardly impressive.

I'm a big believer in giving managers time to get things right so I have complete faith in Gus at the moment, despite our less than impressive form shown under his tutelage thus far. So long as we give him a fair crack of the whip then I am confident he will turn things round.

Let's just get behind him and give him our support rather than speculating whether somebody else might have been more successful.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bluejuice;3329102 Let's just get behind him and give him our support rather than speculating whether somebody else might have been more successful.[/QUOTE said:
Not knocking Gus in any way of course he needs time, I just wonder if anyone else thinks Wilson may have had us in a better place than we are now

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Well it does rather assume that he'd have wanted to leave Swindon and move to Withdean which, unfortunately, is really only a sideways move at the moment.

We had two seasoned campaigners in before Gus and sadly neither of them worked out so I think the time was right to have a gamble on somebody young and new. We were crying out for fresh ideas and a real overhaul and I think Gus is doing that, gradually.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm happy with Gus, he's been an upgrade on Slade. We're playing football again now, I'm hoping our home form will improve sometime soon.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wondered how long it would be before the threads started about the manager, why can't people just be a bit patient.

This thread started before we went a goal down and has nothing to do with suggesting Poyet is not up to it. I am just interested to see if others would have liked to have seen Wilson here instead of Adams :shrug:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Well considering the backlash in the wake of the decision to replace Wilkins with an Albion HERO I would have thought bringing Wilson in instead would have been even less popular.

I didn't want to see Wilkins sacked but obviously having Micky come back made it less painful at the time because memories of his successful reign came flooding back and optimism flowed freely. It is a shame it didn't work out BUT he really was one of the only people who could have gotten away with replacing a fairly popular long standing servant of the club.

If Wilkins had made way for Danny Wilson there would have been an almighty stink so I don't see it was really an option.

Perhaps a more pertinent question would be "where would we be now if Wilkins were still in charge?"

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
we just need abit of money to spend but i dont think its going to happen till we are at falmer whatever division we are in:falmer:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I am very happy with Gus because we at least are trying to play a bit of football.
The only trouble is one or two of the players are just not up to it and the ones I have in mind think they are better players than they are.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last thing we need is yet another change of manager with yet another vision.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
This thread started before we went a goal down and has nothing to do with suggesting Poyet is not up to it. I am just interested to see if others would have liked to have seen Wilson here instead of Adams :shrug:

Ok, sorry if I have taken the wording incorrectly, but it still seems like another "would we be better off with another manager" type of thread, which in my opinion is nothing but pure speculation, and does nothing to support the present manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here