Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I just wonder...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
Blimey Brovian - things move on a pace. Are you saying in Tikrit they are also going against the democratic rule of law. I wasn't aware they'd even had elections.
I didn't mention the 'Rule of Law', I'm talking about people forcing their values on others.

It honestly doesn't worry me one way or the other but leaving aside the morality of hunting I do think it is a very bad law. What's the figure opposed to hunting 60, 70, 80%? That still leaves a very sizeable minority in favor. Also I bet a large proportion of the 'antis' are people like me, if MORI asked me 'Are you in favor of hunting with dogs?' I'd say 'No', but on the other hand I'm not going to get my head smashed in trying to save a sodding fox and to me it's not an election issue. However the pro-hunters are VERY pro, more so than the antis are anti (if you see what I mean). They see the hunting ban as just one more assault on their communities by a load of ignorant townies. Simply telling them that they must stop because the rest of us don't like it is extremely patronising.

Anyway, I can't believe I've wasted so much time typing this on a subject I have no interest in. Still, I DO like to see Tony Blair's gov't being given a hard time and this will run and run.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hopefully my last post on the subject, but two well known (and right wing) Conservative MPs voted FOR the ban yesterday.

Their names ?

Teddy Taylor and Anne Widdicombe.

I wonder if they consider it simply a class issue ?

I doubt it very much.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My far-right father is also in favor of a ban.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
THe police can never win in these situations anyway. They go in, they're heavy handed. They stand back, and they're letting the yobs take over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here