Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I just qued up for 3 hours at ticket office

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I simply didn't understand why someone wouldn't have thought after 20 mins, I'll come back later when it's quieter. That was all.

Fair enough. :shrug:

I get up at 5 in the morning, I'll let you know how I get on then. If I get the same message, will you agree the system's f***ed? :lol:

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
As a 1901er with season tickets at Withdean, I tried for 20 minutes after 10:00 this morning to phone the "0845.....1901" phone number to try and get a ticket for the Sussex Cup Final. Not much choice really as 1901ers are unable to book tickets over the internet and have to phone or call in at the ticket office for a Sussex Cup Final ticket. Not great when you are working as its difficult to phone or visit the ticket office during normal working hours, so I took today off work.

I mistakenly thought the "....1901" phone number might be a priority line for 1901ers, but after at least two dozen calls to the phone number, and after passing the initial "choose options one or two" on four ocassions, I just received a non obtainable ring tone and got cut off all four times when put through to the ticket office. I then decided to travel into Brighton where I joined a queue that would have taken me at least 3+ hours to get into the shop, let alone arrive before the ticket desk.

After spending 20 minutes in the queue and moving less than two yards, I decided that I must be mad queuing up just to get a Sussex Cup Final ticket. I went home (round trip of 3 Hours 10 minutes), and then tried the phone line again, surprisingly getting through the first time only to be told I was 37th in the queue. 58 minutes later I got through to an unbelievably professional ticket operator called Simon who sold me a ticket for the Sussex Cup Final.

The reason for my post is to say that although I paid £1000 for a seat debenture, I was actually worse off than a season ticket holder who could buy tickets on line over the internet. I just hope the prawn sandwiches are going to be worth the extra £1000 I have paid to be a 1901er on a match day! If not, beware West Stand Lower season ticket holders because it will be raining prawns! Bread crusts can defy the law of gravity so I will be lobbing them upwards into West Stand Upper!

I would just like to add that the ticket operator Simon, who I spoke to was excellent. I may have had a frenetic day, but we should all pay homage to the people who worked in the ticket office today, as they must have been under a lot of pressure, and they still did a fantastic job.

Also worth mentioning during the 20 minutes I spent queuing 70 yards from the club shop in Queens Street, I had a good chat with some other people queuing. It was worth the 3 Hour 10 min round trip.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

I get up at 5 in the morning, I'll let you know how I get on then. If I get the same message, will you agree the system's f***ed? :lol:

absolutely.

it does appear the online system is pretty flakey, so don't doubt all the issues people have had.

didn't really get the panic about getting tickets though. shit system or not, they're not going to sell out this week.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You get up at 5am, jeeez.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
absolutely.

it does appear the online system is pretty flakey, so don't doubt all the issues people have had.

didn't really get the panic about getting tickets though. shit system or not, they're not going to sell out this week.

It depends on how many loyalty points people have got due to the allocation of the points that do not correspond with the club's statement on how points will be allocated, There are people who are buying tickets who should not be able to buy them. Your complacency may lead to disappointment.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just got my SSC ticket by phone. Bloody 1901 is closed. We are having to slum it in West Stand Lower :censored::censored: :facepalm:

:jester: :jester:

And this was one reason I went to the office this morning. Couldn't book on line for 1901 for SSC, and the thought of two hours on the phone didn't appeal. Turned up at 9.20, got served at 10.10, job done, much easier than sitting on the phone all morning.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
And this was one reason I went to the office this morning. Couldn't book on line for 1901 for SSC, and the thought of two hours on the phone didn't appeal. Turned up at 9.20, got served at 10.10, job done, much easier than sitting on the phone all morning.

I went to Queens Rd. Was there just before the mini monsoon,massive queue, saw Wilko, had a chat left, went to the Apple Store, came back, queue was longer! Got home, mis-dialed(cough), got straight through to (can't say!) asked a question then said can you patch me through (no) but sorted me out by me leaving my details and using their internal systems to access the computer. Freaky stroke of luck but it paid off. If it hadn't worked I would be down Queens Rd. at 9am tomorrow!

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
i love the fact all thse mugs went to the shop today to get a tickt and most came away empty handed while the club have all your money maybe they could forget to send your cards out now. Personally i got home from work logged in online and did mine.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Sorry guys but why the panic?

Today you could have wlked in and bought your tickets.
Do the maths, how many Withen STH were there , certainly not so many that any would miss out.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sorry guys but why the panic?

Today you could have wlked in and bought your tickets.
Do the maths, how many Withen STH were there , certainly not so many that any would miss out.

I am in France, but prior to leaving waited 3 hours for all my tickets, tried on line for 15 minutes and could not even connect to the site. I did have a panic and it seemed the best way to guarentee them at that stage, without the dreaded sorry online did not work and we are now sold out.

As it was, two other people on my friends and family that I bought tickets for needed stuff amending to work which the ticket office did. However did get drenched and a seagull shat on my head, lets hope the Falmer experience is worth all of that.

Bring on Roland Bergcamp for the SSC....

The queue seems quite short compared to when we had proper queues at The Goldstone before the days of postal and phone bookings.
I've just ploughed through the 50 posts that followed yours and I am quite astonished that not one of them has asked the glaringly obvious question, namely, how can you tell the length of the queue when the pic doesn't show its end?

Attachments

• club shop.JPG
    club shop.JPG
    319.2 KB · Views: 26

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here