Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I just found a snake in the garage

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
If it keeps getting hotter every year, we'll have these in the garage soon!

common%20cobra%20back.jpg

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Stinking Bridge, you poo pooed me on sunday when I mentioned that I feared adders. But here we have first hand accounts of the existence of snakes and of your wallyness with moths.

It makes me seem like that Dennis Irwin.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Stinkers Bridge said:
Totally agree. Only Last night I noticed a moth fluttering round my bedside lamp. Didn't give it much thought until after I had turned the light off and had settled down... moments later it landed on my face. I bravely brushed it off and proceeded to lay awake for the next 45 minutes in case it tried it on again.

I'd better not tell you that they like crawling into ears then.

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Tubby Mondays said:
Stinking Bridge, you poo pooed me on sunday when I mentioned that I feared adders. But here we have first hand accounts of the existence of snakes and of your wallyness with moths.

It makes me seem like that Dennis Irwin.

Yeah but an adder is not going to be able to get a decent bite at you, is it ? There's no way even the largest adder would be able to grapple with your bulk !

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Stinkers Bridge said:
Yeah but an adder is not going to be able to get a decent bite at you, is it ? There's no way even the largest adder would be able to grapple with your bulk !

I wouldnt have been able to get out the way of it would I? And it could of got my pee pee.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i remember when we used to 'perform' steve irwin style maneouveurs on the slow worms that lived in a field nearby. glory days:)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Marc said:
this is what I saw (simular anyway), customer lives in Forest Row
adder.jpg

Indeed, they're all over Ashdown Forest, but you have to be very lucky to see one. They normally lie and bask in the sun on twigs or rocks. Don't walk onto the areas off the paths unless you are wearing boots or stout shoes.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
edna krabappel said:
Damn hot weather, think it was looking for a bit of shade.

Anyway, I heroically managed to dispatch it outside using a shovel...well I gave it a bit of a shove from arms length and it slithered quietly away into the bushes.

Having done my research, I think it was actually a puny grass snake as opposed to an adder, a stray python from a nearby pet shop, or a Western Brown from a one-off, Hurstpierpoint-based Steve Irwin documentary, but hey, you can't be too careful can you?

I am a regular Indiana Jones, I really am :lolol:

Why didn't you call the police ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Stinky Kat said:
slow worm city central at the back of my garden, but they are not snakes are they?

Slow Worms are actually legless lizards (a bit like a few NSCers) and are related to snakes.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
When my folks lived in Forset Row they used to get adders all the time in the garden, seem to remember some kid getting bitten a few years back to.

They 'slither' a mile when they see humans

Stinky Kat said:
what purpose do wasps serve?

Actually wasps make mustard. Although more bitter in taste than say, Dijon mustard, wasp mustard, or 'Waspard', makes a pleasant accompaniment to lamb, beef and even turkey.

(Robin Cooper, The Timewaster Letters. Just finished it and its great)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You got it easy!

Try living in a place that has 9 of the world 10 most deady snakes.

I hate the bastard things.

Iv'e killed i reckon 15 in my life.

Seen a couple of greyhounds bitten by a snake die in front of me, not a nice thing to watch.

Over the years iv'e come across tiger snakes,copperheads, browns,blacks.

Biggest one i saw would have been 12ft long, big brown bastard and the scary thing is they move like lightning, their speed is quite terrifying when they come at ya.

Worst thing is Tigers and Browns are rated as the worlds most aggressive snakes.

All the ones iv'e killed were tigers, about 4-6 ft long big thick bodies and nasty.

My scariest moment was when i was creeping up behind one to pkant a shovel in the back of it's head when it swung around and came right at me striking at my leg, fortunately i got the shovel between my leg and its head.

Best moment was when i chased one round the property in a ride on mower.

People often try to run em over on the road and they hit em and think oh cool got him, then get homeand the snake has got intself up inside the wheel hub and crawls out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lokki 7 said:
Actually wasps make mustard. Although more bitter in taste than say, Dijon mustard, wasp mustard, or 'Waspard', makes a pleasant accompaniment to lamb, beef and even turkey.
Do you mean the WASPS actually make it ?
Or do us hoomans make it out of crushed wasp ?
Or are you just making this up ?

(I genuinely don't know)

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Tyrone Biggums said:
You got it easy!

Seen a couple of greyhounds bitten by a snake die in front of me, not a nice thing to watch.

Biggest one i saw would have been 12ft long, big brown bastard and the scary thing is they move like lightning, their speed is quite terrifying when they come at ya.

Worst thing is Tigers and Browns are rated as the worlds most aggressive snakes.

All the ones iv'e killed were tigers, about 4-6 ft long big thick bodies and nasty.

My scariest moment was when i was creeping up behind one to pkant a shovel in the back of it's head when it swung around and came right at me striking at my leg, fortunately i got the shovel between my leg and its head.

People often try to run em over on the road and they hit em and think oh cool got him, then get homeand the snake has got intself up inside the wheel hub and crawls out.

Bloody hell mate you should get a telly show like that bloke from Oz with the crocs

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
bhaexpress said:
Slow Worms are actually legless lizards (a bit like a few NSCers) and are related to snakes.

Do they start life with legs and then they fall off or are they just not snakes because they dont look so evil. They kind of look happy, until on of our cats decide to bite or claw them

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Lokki 7 said:

(Robin Cooper, The Timewaster Letters. Just finished it and its great)

I always imagined wasps would taste like hairy earwax

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Tyrone Biggums said:
You got it easy!

wow!

how do you kill them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here