Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I just cant get excited

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
how can you not be excited about the start of the new season after all this time with no albion to watch!!!

the league triumph, the 3 cup runs... gonna be glorious :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not that excited.

The problem is the lack of new faces we've brought in, we all know the strengths and weaknesses of our present squad and we've lost our two most creative players.

The midfield is solid without being inspiring, and when you're looking for the likes of Pitcher and Piercy to be the X factor when these players have been considered reserves material for a season or more you know things aren't good.

I can't really get that excited about loan players who will f*** off if they're any good or waste the club's money if they're bad. What we need is real signings, real commitment.

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
Not quite excited but getting there, looking forward to winning more games than last season at least ......oh... season ticket,s arrived, now I,m nearly excited :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Excited' is probably the wrong word. There's no denying it's a big comedown having to contemplate the season-long dreariness of the Luther Van Dross Trophy (LDV? Just Say No, Kids!) but maybe we can opt out of it or something.

And OK, there's no BZ Superstar to guarantee us more goals than we ever had any right to expect, but on the other hand we no longer have a clueless shit as a manager sending out the club's promising youngsters like lambs to the slaughter against hardened pros week in week out simply cos he's not keen on using the loan system. Which is nice.

Most of all I want to see WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

Bring It Fookin On! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I've been suffering withdrawal symptoms since the season ended in May, so I guess you could say that I'm looking forward to the Oldham game and this year's campaign. Sad but true.

Time to kick some ass. Go get em lads.

:clap: :clap:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
The world is certainly a better place when football is rightly restored to Saturday afternoons (and what other odd times TV makes it).

I always find new seasons always bring new hope eagerness to see how the season will pan out. With the first game nearing I am certainly excited now.

Looking forward to Coppell’s first full season in charge.
:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here