Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I honestly don't give a shit...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: I honestly don't give a shit...

brightonfan_86 said:
Just look at Rotherham.

bad example - they were shit last season in this league, and continue to be in the lower league

gillingham however went down on the last day, and look where they are

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
1066Seagull said:
If you think your mor ignorant and obnoxious than me, than think again buddy.

What are you talking about?
Ernest is never ignorant or obnoxious.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
This was the worst I have seen us play since 1996, the ref did not help but we were so bad we deserved a wopping. Get Reid out of left back and play Mayo. CKR was the highlight and should have started in leons place. It was truly terrible. Elphick was naive but with more experience could have avoided the bookings by going down.

Players with credit, El Abd, CKR, Hart (Second Half). Butters and Oatway not bad - the rest absoultey shite.

We actually played worse first half, McGhee to take the blame terrible tactics first half.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
y2dave said:
This was the worst I have seen us play since 1996, the ref did not help but we were so bad we deserved a wopping. Get Reid out of left back and play Mayo. CKR was the highlight and should have started in leons place. It was truly terrible. Elphick was naive but with more experience could have avoided the bookings by going down.

Players with credit, El Abd, CKR, Hart (Second Half). Butters and Oatway not bad - the rest absoultey shite.

We actually played worse first half, McGhee to take the blame terrible tactics first half.

The refs fault brighton let in 5 was it? easy way out for mcghee to blame ref.
elphick deserved to walk and even if it was not a pen they had two clear cut pens after it.
but no it was the refs fault

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: I honestly don't give a shit...

The Large One said:
Interesting you should pick those clubs to compare us against, which at the time we got promotion via the play-offs, were run like complete circuses on the assumption that they would get promotion. Certainly no-one (including most on here) expected us to go up. They are now, unfortunately for their fans, reaping what they sowed.

I guess I must just have an excessively high tolerance threshold to this sort of pain.

I am reasonably confident that today will FINALLY give everyone (players and management) the kick up the arse they clearly need.

most people thought brighton would go up untill mcghee took over

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: I honestly don't give a shit...

KinkyGoebels said:
most people thought brighton would go up untill mcghee took over

No. Most people thought we would go up whilst Coppell was still here but we started slipping when Bob Booker had a go for half a dozen games.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
y2dave said:

dont think it was quite as bad as the 5-0 away at palace

agree about mcghee, he cost us that match with some ludicrous decisions, and to blame the ref shows a man who is clutching at straws

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
y2dave said:

4-0 at home to Darlington at Priestfield when an overweight Gabbiadini ran our useless defence ragged?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
y2dave said:
This was the worst I have seen us play since 1996, the ref did not help but we were so bad we deserved a wopping.

Disagree, when we lost 5 - 0 at Palace we were far worse and never looked like scoring.

At least we got a belter of a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here