Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I honestly don't give a shit...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
..whether or not McGhee f***ed up today.

3-4-3 (or 5-4-1) sounds like a barmy formation, but he also felt that playing our regular 4-4-2 we would have been slaughtered against Reading. All that happened was that we got slaughtered using this formation as well. He tried something - it failed. Whoopy-doo. Giving league debuts was something that was going to have to happen one day as well, so why not do it while experimenting?

Gary Elphick looked out of his depth, Tommy looked satisfactory-ish. So we learned something today. It's not ALL about the here-and-now.

So what if he blames the ref? Has no-one on here ever done that? He's pissed off, and he's taking it out on an easy target. If he's got to justify himself to anyone, it's to his staff and board of directors - not a local BBC hack who's not even a Brighton fan.

We know he got it wrong. He knows he got it wrong. Others on here can moan their arses off but I've already forgotten about today's game. I'm looking forward to a better performance and result on Friday.

And for all those that want McGhee out, is it because you really care about the Albion or is it because your egos are so fragile and have become oh-so easily bruised and that someone at work might tease you on Monday?

If you care about the Albion, then you would support the manager that is there - no matter who it is. If you really want the manager to be replaced, send a message to the chairman - Dick Knight genuinely does care about the fans' opinions - and tell him what you think. However, if it's because someone needs their egos massaging, don't rely on Brighton & Hove Albion - we should all know that by now - go to a lap-dancing club instead, or go and see mummy.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:

go to a lap-dancing club instead, or go and see mummy.

They could probably do a better job of managing than that clown Magoo :angry: :angry: :angry:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Large One said:
..whether or not McGhee f***ed up today.

3-4-3 (or 5-4-1) sounds like a barmy formation, but he also felt that playing our regular 4-4-2 we would have been slaughtered against Reading. All that happened was that we got slaughtered using this formation as well. He tried something - it failed. Whoopy-doo. Giving league debuts was something that was going to have to happen one day as well, so why not do it while experimenting?

Gary Elphick looked out of his depth, Tommy looked satisfactory-ish. So we learned something today. It's not ALL about the here-and-now.

So what if he blames the ref? Has no-one on here ever done that? He's pissed off, and he's taking it out on an easy target. If he's got to justify himself to anyone, it's to his staff and board of directors - not a local BBC hack who's not even a Brighton fan.

We know he got it wrong. He knows he got it wrong. Others on here can moan their arses off but I've already forgotten about today's game. I'm looking forward to a better performance and result on Friday.

And for all those that want McGhee out, is it because you really care about the Albion or is it because your egos are so fragile and have become oh-so easily bruised and that someone at work might tease you on Monday?

If you care about the Albion, then you would support the manager that is there - no matter who it is. If you really want the manager to be replaced, send a message to the chairman - Dick Knight genuinely does care about the fans' opinions - and tell him what you think. However, if it's because someone needs their egos massaging, don't rely on Brighton & Hove Albion - we should all know that by now - go to a lap-dancing club instead, or go and see mummy.

Wow, you sound like a patronising tit, I bet you didn't even go. If you did you must have been really pleased to sit in the freezing cold for 90 minutes, pay for the privilege and watch a team both mentally and physically beaten before the game had kicked off. Mcghee f***ed up BIG time today and it's the fans that have suffered this was probably an expensive trip for many just before xmas and to not even give the game a go is insulting to us, I'm afraid.

Keep your measly low expectations to yourself big boy:salute:

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The Large One said:

no - it is because we have won only 3 times in 9 months, which is a record that sunderland would be proud of

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: I honestly don't give a shit...

dwayne said:
Wow, you sound like a patronising tit, I bet you didn't even go. If you did you must have been really pleased to sit in the freezing cold for 90 minutes, pay for the privilege and watch a team both mentally and physically beaten before the game had kicked off. Mcghee f***ed up BIG time today and it's the fans that have suffered this was probably an expensive trip for many just before xmas and to not even give the game a go is insulting to us, I'm afraid.

Keep your measly low expectations to yourself big boy:salute:
I've always said that it takes a certain kind of mentality to feel patronised...

Of course I wasn't pleased. What I said right at the top was that I couldn't give a shit that McGhee f***ed it up in the context of the call for his head from some on here.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
It's not ALL about the here-and-now.

SUOTE]

and there was me thinking that it is all about the 90 minutes on a saturday players pull a blue and white shirt on. Please oh great one, if this is not the case, then can you let the fans know when we are in effect trying something out for the next season or two's time, so we dont have to spend £22 plus petrol etc etc going to see them do it.

I am getting a bit f***ed off with all this......Oh dont worry lets look to the future.......I want to stay in this division and I want a team that is capable of doing so....we have showed in many games this year we can compete...we just need to believe and get the manager to accept what we all see every week......

League 1 is not easy to get out of......just ask Bristol City and Swindon fans

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

dave the gaffer said:
League 1 is not easy to get out of......just ask Bristol City and Swindon fans [/B]

exactly - most think if we go down we will come straight back up, but as the teams relegated last season have shown, that is far from the case

we have to stay up, and that is all about the here and now

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ernest said:
I think it might rain tonight

Thank God somebody can concentrate on the important issues of the day ! I think it's a bit too cold for rain personally. Looks like a clear night and a bit of frost.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ernest said:
Anyone got any recipes ?

Don't know Ernie but there's a few on here that I hope will be needing one for Humble Pie in May I hope.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
To be honest I'd much rather lose 5-1 to a team top of the league and 17 points ahead of third place than a repeat of the capitulation at Plymouth last year. I didn't think we'd get much out of the game today and we didn't.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

dave the gaffer said:
League 1 is not easy to get out of......just ask Bristol City and Swindon fans
Interesting you should pick those clubs to compare us against, which at the time we got promotion via the play-offs, were run like complete circuses on the assumption that they would get promotion. Certainly no-one (including most on here) expected us to go up. They are now, unfortunately for their fans, reaping what they sowed.

I guess I must just have an excessively high tolerance threshold to this sort of pain.

I am reasonably confident that today will FINALLY give everyone (players and management) the kick up the arse they clearly need.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It will all be forgotten..............quite soon once I open the wine :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Beach Hut said:
It will all be forgotten..............quite soon once I open the wine :lolol:

Another couple of Riggwelters and it wont matter whatsoever! :drink: