Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I heart Gruff Rys

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm liking his Hotel Shampoo project.

Scroll down the "Gruffington Post" and have a read.

Gruff Rhys

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Great innit! Shame his tour is taking in such small venues, Toynbee studios only holds 250. Must catch him (or preferably SFA) live again next year, it's been a while (since we had reason left to smile).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great innit! Shame his tour is taking in such small venues, Toynbee studios only holds 250. Must catch him (or preferably SFA) live again next year, it's been a while (since we had reason left to smile).

It is. I have nothing but total admiration for the guy and his music. Shame he's not coming to Brighton as well. I'm tempted to email him and put a gig on myself (I'm serious about this).

He's been pretty busy recently, what with Neon Neon, SFA, DangerMouse/Sparklehourse and Plastic Beach plus two solo albums a documentary and building a hotel.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Funny you should post this, as I was going through my e-mails and came accross the Gruffington Post one - was also going to put it on here.

Sounds really good. Agree with Chappers, it's a shame about the venue sizes.

I have a fire in my heart for Gruff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Funny you should post this, as I was going through my e-mails and came accross the Gruffington Post one - was also going to put it on here.

Sounds really good. Agree with Chappers, it's a shame about the venue sizes.

I have a fire in my heart for Gruff.

Though I'm falling apart
Still I've got a fire in my heart for you

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You'd almost certainly sell out a decent size venue if Gruff came to town, big following down here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You'd almost certainly sell out a decent size venue if Gruff came to town, big following down here.

..a moment of madness. I'm going to email his agent. The fact his preference is really small venues could work for us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If and when I get married, I want this as a first dance.

Nice choice. You might notice I have some of his lovely lyrics as my NSC signature. They're from Inaugural Trams which was played at my wedding breakfast.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Could suit the Hanbury?

Good call. I'm going to drop that Shoreham Moonrake fella a line...he knows a thing or two about putting on gigs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here