Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have one question, just answer me this.............. HONESTLY

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
dave the gaffer said:
I think the Market Trolley debate is really one that polarises Albion fans

Either you love him or loath him.

Personally I think he is a trier, very little skill, dreadful first touch and when he does get into position, like on Saturday, his headers are normally wayward......Sunderland accepted. He runs with his head down and fails 9 times out of 10 to find another albion player when trying to lay the ball off.

Having said all that, i appeciate we have got him for a song, he has been sick, and like all of our signings this season, crocked.
Although how he keeps Leon out of the side, like saturday, amazes me.

DTG

Leon was banned. (BTW nice to meet you on Saturday)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
hans kraay fan club said:
McCammon is nowhere near the best or the worst striker to play for the club. (Richard Tiltman? Alan Biley? Franco Massimo? That beardy bloke in the eighties whose name escapes me right now)

This however, is not point.

The club are in shit right now. We are the fans. How many players are likely to perform at their best and thus help the situation, when all the fans are on here, or shouting from the stands calling the them a !!!! all the time.

I'm not his biggest fan, but give the guy a break. He went up in my estimation massively during the Reading game. You could see that he was seriously unwell, yet he battled on as well as he could until finally he all but collapsed.

All I ask, is support them all between now and the end of the season. McCammon wants us to survive too you know!

I understand this which is why at games I get behind all the players and shout at the Withdean moaners who slag off the team.

Voicing an opinion on a message board is different though.

Better to get all the moaning out on here then at Withdean.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Wondered how lond it'd take you to jump on a thread dissing Mccammon
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Richie Morris said:

there were and are better players available that we could afford let alone the better players in the squad.

like whom? Do they want to come here? Why hasnt MM signed them. Hes the best available to us at the moment and a grafter

Richie Morris said:

It is embarrassing to watch him and just because he runs about a bit does not change anything.

I dont find him embarrasing to watch. He did ok on Sat. Not great but ok. Leave the chap alone

Your fanzine fiasco was an embarrasment to watch

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
maffew said:
Wondered how lond it'd take you to jump on a thread dissing Mccammon
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

like whom? Do they want to come here? Why hasnt MM signed them. Hes the best available to us at the moment and a grafter

I dont find him embarrasing to watch. He did ok on Sat. Not great but ok. Leave the chap alone

Your fanzine fiasco was an embarrasment to watch

so you answer his football related comments with a dig at his fanzine?

:dunce:

Just because some people dont rate a player and are not all yes men doesnt mean they are wrong

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
KinkyGoebels said:
so you answer his football related comments with a dig at his fanzine?

:dunce:

Just because some people dont rate a player and are not all yes men doesnt mean they are wrong

Theres a little saying that covers this scenario. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Something like that.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
correct, bit harsh I agree (and apologies RM a bit of a cheap shot) though its so f***ing tiresome seeing the same old McCammon argument with RM coming on and spouting the same old crap about the poor bloke, hes doing the best he can and is the best we've got, I for one am giving him full vocal support and encouragement, not slating him every other day on a message board

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perry Milkins said:
DTG

Leon was banned. (BTW nice to meet you on Saturday)

Yes of course he was...sorry:dunce:

nice to meet you too mate.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rangdo said:
Theres a little saying that covers this scenario. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Something like that.

So anyone who has ever done anything that other people do not think is perfect is not allowed to ever criticise anyone else?

I thought this was a message board where people could come and voice opinions?

I have nothing against McCammon personally. I appreciate he tries his best and at games I will always get behind him. He is probably a nice bloke as well.

That does not change the fact he is crap though does it?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Richie Morris said:
So anyone who has ever done anything that other people do not think is perfect is not allowed to ever criticise anyone else?

Yes well done Richie thats exacly what I said. Genius :rolleyes:
Firstly, my point is that if you criticise someone publicly for being crap at something then it is inevitable, if you have publicly been crap at something else, that it will get dragged up.
Secondly, yes this is a message board and you can post whatever opinion you like. It's just that it would be nice, on occasion, if you could voice something new instead of the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ah the old McCammon debate, I like this one. He is not fit. The fact he was so out of condition when he signed for us was nothing short of a disgrace. Ok he could not get match fit as he was not playing games, but he should still have been maintaining a level of physical fitness, but it seems that was not happening.

Now subsequently he has had whatever illness and that has knocked him back and it has been unfortunate, as he was starting to show a decent level of fitness, but you cannot legistate for that.

His footballing ability is limited. Even a semi pro player should have something resembling a touch and his is OK, but not great. He seems to have a weak shot and his heading is erratic.

Where I actually think he is best used is as a sub. That was shown at Sheffield United when he came on and Cullip and Morgan were tireing and his strength gave them hell, but as a starter he does not look all that. Now I know a certain person will be on here later quoting his goals against Derby and Sunderland, but he has not scored, or looked like scoring since.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Agree that he should be coming off the bench. We have looked at our best when Knight starts up top with Virgo and they tire the defenders down, they could then be subbed for Robinson and the trolley.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
How come hardly anyone actually answers the questions in the top few posts of this thread?

Don't rant about how we shoudld get ehind the team just answer the questions please, I am sure the answers will speak for themselves on McCammon's ability as a centre forward.

Now, one by one, go for it:

1. If Mark McCammon (striker) had been in Virgo's (centre back) place, the exact same chance falling to him in exactly the same way, would he have scored?

2. If you answered yes to the above, then why didn't he score when he went through in the first half vs Coventry then? You know, just before Knight was stamped on (or whatever it was) and everyone got excitable.

3. Would McCammon have scored from the chances which Virgo TOOK at Watford away and Leicester away?

Come on London Irish, bhaexpress, do answer please...

EDIT oh, and, by the way, for me it IS personal against McCammon. I feel insulted that I help to pay the wages of someone who is patently no better than some members of the supporters, who would do it for free. I will continue to heavily criticise him at games, its only little old me, I'm sure he'll cope, he is a professional footballer after all..............

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Richie Morris said:

I thought this was a message board where people could come and voice opinions?

I have nothing against McCammon personally. I appreciate he tries his best and at games I will always get behind him. He is probably a nice bloke as well.

That does not change the fact he is crap though does it?

You are entitled to criticise, but you and others seem to have changed your minds a couple of times according to the guy's perfomance and whether he's scored. I'm not sure that you have a very balanced opinion.

Please consider, for just one moment, that you're wrong and that Mark McGhee is right. Or do you just think that that can't be possible?

And one thing that none of our players are is crap. They are professional football players, you can only dream of having the talent and abilities they have. They may play badly, be out of form or be struggling with a role in the team etc. but crap they are certainly not.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
six_yard_punisha said:
you can only dream of having the talent and abilities they have.

If McCammon plays on Saturday, watch him and I CHALLENGE you not to laugh at your above statement!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
the full harris said:
How come hardly anyone actually answers the questions in the top few posts of this thread?

Don't rant about how we shoudld get ehind the team just answer the questions please, I am sure the answers will speak for themselves on McCammon's ability as a centre forward.

Now, one by one, go for it:

1. If Mark McCammon (striker) had been in Virgo's (centre back) place, the exact same chance falling to him in exactly the same way, would he have scored?

2. If you answered yes to the above, then why didn't he score when he went through in the first half vs Coventry then? You know, just before Knight was stamped on (or whatever it was) and everyone got excitable.

3. Would McCammon have scored from the chances which Virgo TOOK at Watford away and Leicester away?

Come on London Irish, bhaexpress, do answer please...

EDIT oh, and, by the way, for me it IS personal against McCammon. I feel insulted that I help to pay the wages of someone who is patently no better than some members of the supporters, who would do it for free. I will continue to heavily criticise him at games, its only little old me, I'm sure he'll cope, he is a professional footballer after all..............

OK, I'll answer the question.

1. He might have done, he might not have done. What the bloody hell is your point? I once scored an absolute screamer from 30 yards in a Sunday league game. I doubt that any of our players given that chance would have scored. But what does that say? NOTHING.

Reverse the question - would Virgo have scored or helped create the goals that McCammon has done since he's been here (oh how we forget that great post Xmas run) He might have done, he might not have done. POINTLESS, isn't it?

2. Too many reasons to mention, all of which will not prove your point one iota.

3. See answer to question 1. Do you really think that if somone answers no, that your point will be proved. Really?

Regards your edit. You think that some of our supporters are better than Big Mac? I think this demonstrates how little you know about football. And if you don't want to pay his wages, don't turn up. Do you go and see a film and say I can't believe this Tom Cruise get's payed so much? NO, you don't. If you want to dictate who we buy, then buy the club. Or become the manager. Otherwise, why not try being a 'supporter'.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
six_yard_punisha said:
Regards your edit. You think that some of our supporters are better than Big Mac? I think this demonstrates how little you know about football. And if you don't want to pay his wages, don't turn up. Do you go and see a film and say I can't believe this Tom Cruise get's payed so much? NO, you don't. If you want to dictate who we buy, then buy the club. Or become the manager. Otherwise, why not try being a 'supporter'.

You have done it now Mr Harris, you have dared to openly criticise the team, so you get the 'bad fan' one thrown at you, McGhee knows best and we should not discuss and maybe question on an internet forum and finally you have the why not just sod off one.

If you are lucky you will get one of those smileys that does the wanker sign.

I love some of our support....

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
the full harris said:
If McCammon plays on Saturday, watch him and I CHALLENGE you not to laugh at your above statement!

Won't be a problem.

BUT if he scores or contributes to a good performance, I challenge you to:

1. Not celebrate. Why should you?
2. Keep giving him stick from the stands.
3. Come on here and put up the same kind of vociferous slating.

GO ON. Stick by your guns. Show your true colours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here