Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have just spent 20 minutes on the phone to Sussex Express editor

Thimble Keegan said:
So if I get this right, the Albion pay Hart & Mayo wages which in turn Lewes council take a chunk out of and use it against the Albion.

If so, then that is not on.
What LDC take from the Peacehaven Two is nothing compared with the chunk of Council Tax that Falmer Parish Council lift out of the pocket of local resident and Albion Director Derek Chapman - to spend on putting his Club out of business.

:salute:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
:clap2:
Nicely done, DT, excellently inquisited (er...?) I bet he immediately stalked out of his office and gave his most junior reporters a bollocking... then slinked back and started to reconsider his leader column for next week... At the least, anyway.

Not living in Brighton anymore, any indication as to the new Argus editor's stance?
Hope it's as admirably enthusiastic as in elder days...

Last edited:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Good work DT.

A Lewes Residents For Falmer Group sounds a great idea. Make em realise there are votes in this. And with council tax bills hitting doormats in the next month or so there couldn't be a better time.

:clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
An organised group of pro-Falmer Lewes DC residents is a fantastic idea and the sooner its presence is made public the better.

Then Mr Scared Shitless of Own Shadow editor of Sussex Express has no option but to present the group's views, opinions, outrage at wasted taxes and support for the stadium.

Great job DT:clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I still feel that leaflets pointing out how much council tax money is being spent on the stadium inquiry is a good idea.

Quite a few people were prepared to deliver them.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Lord Bracknell said:
What LDC take from the Peacehaven Two is nothing compared with the chunk of Council Tax that Falmer Parish Council lift out of the pocket of local resident and Albion Director Derek Chapman - to spend on putting his Club out of business.

:salute:

Ok, here is the plan then: We move every Albion fan/players out of the LDC area then we just nuke the place. Problem solved.

Those Albion fans/players forced to leave their homes can be re-housed elsewhere throughout Sussex.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Interesting response from the editor believing the the Cement Works is the best place.

Seeing as no-one except Falmer Parish Council has advocated such as scheme, one can infer from this one of two things (1) he is a Falmer reisdent or (2) he has been (uses words carefully here) 'unduly influenced by reasoning other than verbal' by the Falmer Parish Council. Because no-one in a position of such authority - even a small town newspaper - could honestly believe such drivel of their own free will.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here