Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have just cooked

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gigot of lamb

Leg of lamb with garlic and rosemary pushed into the flesh. Roasted directly on the shelf over a big tray of thinly sliced seasoned potatoes.

Meat is lovely and flavoursome and the juices drip into the spuds. Pots go crispy on top and soft and moist underneath. It's what ovens were made for.

From Nigel Slater's Real Cooking - based on a very traditional French recipe Gigot of lamb a la boulangere (slow cooked in the residual heat of the baker's ovens after the bread had been cooked). Happy to post the recipe if you want it.

And am now just giving it 10 mins resting time, before carving.
All I can say is:-

'fook me, it's looking good'.

Enjoy your lunch, everybody.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
f***ing LUNCH......lunch is what people from the west end of London do.

For DINNER, i have roast port today. The skin has been dried off, sliced with a stanley knife and salted to draw out the moisture.
In about half an hour, the pork will go in the oven, the spuds an half an hour later then the veg, stuffing and yorkshires will follow and all will hopefully be ready for about 6 ish.

just made a nice trifle for pudding....i soaked the sponges in Brandy not sherry as i didn't have any !!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll be fun !!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
but were the potatoes in goose fat ? otherwise thread closed

Now Dougal, you've not read the recipe properly, have you.

The potatoes are sliced, a little olive oil, and smidges of butter.
The good stuff is done by lamb on the rack above, as it drips meaty lamb goodness straight onto the spuds.

The one draw back was it was sooooo good, I didn't have time to savour it properly, as it couldn't shovel it into my fat little face, fast enough.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Now Dougal, you've not read the recipe properly, have you.

The potatoes are sliced, a little olive oil, and smidges of butter.
The good stuff is done by lamb on the rack above, as it drips meaty lamb goodness straight onto the spuds.

The one draw back was it was sooooo good, I didn't have time to savour it properly, as it couldn't shovel it into my fat little face, fast enough.

fair play , stand corrected. Lamb + Sunday ....2 + 2 = 5

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

For DINNER, i have roast port today.

With sherry trifle?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

For DINNER, i have roast port today. The skin has been dried off, sliced with a stanley knife and salted to draw out the moisture.
In about half an hour, the pork will go in the oven, the spuds an half an hour later then the veg, stuffing and yorkshires will follow and all will hopefully be ready for about 6 ish.

just made a nice trifle for pudding....i soaked the sponges in Brandy not sherry as i didn't have any !!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll be fun !!!!

Mnn.. Roast Port sounds good, is it an upgrade on standard Mulled Wine ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gigot of lamb

Leg of lamb with garlic and rosemary pushed into the flesh. Roasted directly on the shelf over a big tray of thinly sliced seasoned potatoes.

Meat is lovely and flavoursome and the juices drip into the spuds. Pots go crispy on top and soft and moist underneath. It's what ovens were made for.

From Nigel Slater's Real Cooking - based on a very traditional French recipe Gigot of lamb a la boulangere (slow cooked in the residual heat of the baker's ovens after the bread had been cooked). Happy to post the recipe if you want it.

And am now just giving it 10 mins resting time, before carving.
All I can say is:-

'fook me, it's looking good'.

Enjoy your lunch, everybody.

:angel:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"gigot" ?? What the f*** is a gigot for f***'S SAKE?

If it's French, then it can just f*** off back to surrender-monkey-land where it came from.

f***ing GIGOT :nono:

Same goes for "goujons", they can f*** off as well, wankers.

I doubt you would have said that, if I'd handed you a big plate full of lamb, potatoes, carrots and parsnips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here