Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have had a fantastic afternoon of Albion nostalgia in the reference room at Hove .

D

Deleted User X18H

..library this afternoon.

They have five full files of old Albion related Argus cuttings.

Does anyone remmber the proposed Woking ground share? Or the Fulham one for that matter.

That bond situation appears to have been massive brinkmanship from Archer (no suprises) although Martin Perry explained at the time the wording was not agreed until thew 19th June and the FL insisted the bons was in place in a monetary sense by the 20th June , it wasn't so the EGM went ahead. Apparently before the 19th the wording was so flakey that even if a game had to be postponed or adandoned in certain circumstances the directors could have lost their £500,000.

Lots of stuff on Bring Home The Albion to, who remembers the banner on the A27? I didn't, until today.

Great memories some sad, some thought provoking. Others bringing a joyous tear to the eye, especially the 1983 Match Weekly Cup Final special, wow were we a big club.

Also a 1979 promotion supplement and a flat in Second Avenue for 18 grand.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I like a bit of nostalgia. I've still got the back pages of 2 sunday papers the day after our semi final win in '83

D

Deleted User X18H

I like a bit of nostalgia. I've still got the back pages of 2 sunday papers the day after our semi final win in '83

I have loads of papers from 83 in my mothers junk room though. Not sure what state they are in really.

presumably the groundshare at Woking was not the same as the proposed "Bamberdome" proposed to be located around Gatwick in 83 so we could groundshare with Crystal Palace???

Don't remember anything about a groundshare at Fulham!!! And I should if it was seriously thought about!. Certainly remember one being negotiated with Millwall

..library this afternoon.

They have five full files of old Albion related Argus cuttings.

Does anyone remmber the proposed Woking ground share? Or the Fulham one for that matter.

That bond situation appears to have been massive brinkmanship from Archer (no suprises) although Martin Perry explained at the time the wording was not agreed until thew 19th June and the FL insisted the bons was in place in a monetary sense by the 20th June , it wasn't so the EGM went ahead. Apparently before the 19th the wording was so flakey that even if a game had to be postponed or adandoned in certain circumstances the directors could have lost their £500,000.

Lots of stuff on Bring Home The Albion to, who remembers the banner on the A27? I didn't, until today.

Great memories some sad, some thought provoking. Others bringing a joyous tear to the eye, especially the 1983 Match Weekly Cup Final special, wow were we a big club.

Also a 1979 promotion supplement and a flat in Second Avenue for 18 grand.

bought my flate for £18,500 in first avenue was i done?:moo:

D

Deleted User X18H

DK seemed desperate for us not to have to go to Pissfield. Fulham was muted breifly after Millwall was turned down.If I have the chronology correct.

Also they favoured site was still Waterhall in 1998 and a few mentions of Patcham Court Farm. Its not late 1998 that the 'University Campus' is mentioned

DK seemed desperate for us not to have to go to Pissfield. Fulham was muted breifly after Millwall was turned down.If I have the chronology correct.

Also they favoured site was still Waterhall in 1998 and a few mentions of Patcham Court Farm. Its not late 1998 that the 'University Campus' is mentioned

are ..... patcham Court Farm!!!

anyone remember Bellotti's children's coloured pencil plan for the non starter

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ive got virtually every single argus cutting from the last two seasons at the goldstone in a load of photo albums somewhere

might have to dig them out and have a go at scanning them in for a popular albion fan website

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here