Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have a date in Worthing

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
try the restaurant "food" in worthing, its great . classy but relaxed cook a table mind!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Think you'll find that was flattened years ago as well:ohmy:
Blimey, well how about that place just down from the station, the Norfolk Hotel (opposite Teville Gate) That used to have a brilliant carvery.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Take her to the "New Amusements" on the pier. They've even got that new fangled roll-a-penny. :lolol:

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
if you are after a nice bar in central worthing, try sofa opposite pier, low key but nice enough with comfy sofas surprisingly ... good luck!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Try the parsonage in tarring village if you want to impress.

Make sure the parson's out first though. It could end up very embarrassing for all of you otherwise.

Yes, I do know it's a restaurant.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
for casual, casa ciros, sofa [think they do food midweek evenings too], pomodoro mozzarella, food is a good shout too though not sure the menu has changed at all since it opened, indigo @ the burlington is very nice, though the chefs have changed so not sure how that has affected it, people rave about picassos for spanish but i do not rate it

hope this helps!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Next week I have managed to secure a date with a lady from Worthing,any suggestions where we should go?

If she is from Worthing why not ask her where she would like to go?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I dont want to go anywhere too formal,somewhere discrete would do so that should things go well its back to hers,or if things go badly then either of us can make a quick getaway.

Share a bag of chips with her at a taxi rank. :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
God no - certain death for a man to not take the lead.

(ok, not death, but definitely rules out a shag)

Yes I agree under normal circumstances. In this case though the bloke obviously doesnt know Worthing and could end up in Macaris caff or someplace equally shit.

If he said, "Listen babe, I am not from Worthing and personally consider it a bit of a yard, so if you dont want to end up despising me forever because I took you to a 3rd rate curry house or overpricedm ponce shop like "Sofa", are there any places that...

A) don't have associatons with an ex you are still getting over
B) Have not contracted Dysentry in
C) Are not notorious gay pick up joints?

If you are looking for a bunk up you are better off doing some homework.

If it was me I'd go for the Imperial China..easily the best Chinky, outside Brighton, on the coast.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
for casual, casa ciros, sofa [think they do food midweek evenings too], pomodoro mozzarella, food is a good shout too though not sure the menu has changed at all since it opened, indigo @ the burlington is very nice, though the chefs have changed so not sure how that has affected it, people rave about picassos for spanish but i do not rate it

hope this helps!

oh dear... for decent food try these..

La Differance, Crescent road, cheap simple but lovely french food.

La Spice, Brighton Road, nice curries.

The Penang, in South Farm road, small intimate, Chinese/Malayan.. superb scoff.

Caprichio's just off Montague st near the Grafton Car park.... Top end Spanish... knocks Picasso's into a cocked hat..

The Sunny just up from the Half Brick.... a bit old fashioned decor but super Greek food

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
oh dear... for decent food try these..

La Differance, Crescent road, cheap simple but lovely french food.

La Spice, Brighton Road, nice curries.

The Penang, in South Farm road, small intimate, Chinese/Malayan.. superb scoff.

Caprichio's just off Montague st near the Grafton Car park.... Top end Spanish... knocks Picasso's into a cocked hat..

The Sunny just up from the Half Brick.... a bit old fashioned decor but super Greek food

Forgot Caprichios! But if you'd take a 'first date' out for a curry, says more about you than it does me....

Lush

Mods' Pet
Decor (and clientele) a bit old at La Difference - although food is good. Caprichios over priced for what you get, but quite fun atmosphere.

If you've got a car, I would suggest a little drive up to World's End at Patching where there's decent food and a good wine list. Or what about a stroll from Highdown car park over to the Spotted Cow at Angmering for lunch?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Blimey, well how about that place just down from the station, the Norfolk Hotel (opposite Teville Gate) That used to have a brilliant carvery.

NEWSFLASH...........Every where in Worthing has been flattened!!:laugh:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
NEWSFLASH...........Every where in Worthing has been flattened!!:laugh:
SO you're saying that the Carioca, the Wine Lodge and the Norfolk have all been flattened? Wow. I shall have to go to the Lennox for a pint to soothe my nerves.

What about that pub by the clocktower roundabout (near the Guildbourne Centre) that looks like the back of a ship? I think it might be called the Ship or the Schooner or something. When I was a boy my Dad used to stagger out of there and say he was staggering because he was pretetending to be on a ship. Well it used to make me laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here