Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate St Paddys day

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well, Guiness Day as it should be called. How many of the english people who use today as an excuse to drink guiness and get a free hat have a beer on St Geroge's day? Hardly any. Makes me sick that people jump on the paddy day band wagon but are too scared of being labelled a racist or BNP supporter to celebrtae st george's day.

and relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Glad to see that all the booze has not affected your speling (sic) or grammar Richie

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Didn't even know what date it was 10 years ago. Guess the marketing campaign for Guinness has been very successful.

Dandyman

In London village.
Damn right, let's organise a mass kebab fest for good ol' George.

:D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Richie Morris said:
Booze has not, but everyone walking round uni with Guiness hats on has. Sorry.

Nothing wrong with Guiness giving out free beer surely. And if anyone from Bells Whisky is reading then I think you should do the same on St Andrews day. It's a really good idea and I'll help you celebrate if you like. ;)

Private companies spending money on free beer = good. Ken Livingston wasting public money on St Paddy's day and not doing the same for our own patron saint = bad.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Couldnt agree more.

The Irish, Welsh & Scots are proud of their country and so they should be,but there seems to apathy amongst us English when it comes to celebrating the day of our Patron saint (although St George was in fact French but dont let that stop us having a good p1ss up!!)

So come April 23rd (yes I had to look it up) lets all have the day off and drink lots of our National beverage - Danish, Czech or German Lager!!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
If St Georges day was a National Holiday (Like St Paddy's day is in Ireland) then it would be massive. It isn't so it isn't! All you get are a few jumble sales and a load of morris dancers

No offence LB ;)

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Paddy B said:
although St George was in fact French but dont let that stop us having a good p1ss up!!

Wrong. The earliest accounts of Saint George put his birthplace as Cappadocia in modern day Turkey.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
US Seagull said:
Wrong. The earliest accounts of Saint George put his birthplace as Cappadocia in modern day Turkey.

OK my memory is not what it was and I could not be bothered to do my research.

I'll get my coat

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have no objections to people enjoying paddys day, irish, english, scottish or japanese...its good everyone can have a laigh together. What annoys me is that these same people who 'have to have a Guiness on Paddy's day' dont even know when St George's Day is.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I had a phone call from my mate saying come down the pub, i said no as i'm not irish, i'm english! he said so come down and drink guiness and kept badgering me, i just made an excuess that was tired from last night not getting back late from cheatersfield!!

Anyway yeah i reckon we should organise a st.gorge's piss-up weekend in bristol? for st.gorge!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Paddy B said:
The Irish, Welsh & Scots are proud of their country and so they should be,but there seems to apathy amongst us English when it comes to celebrating the day of our Patron saint.

Sod all happens here on St David's Day, but on St Patrick's Day our local is draped in Irish flags and everyone is out drinking that horrible black shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here