Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate Queen thread

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Whats with this Queen love in at the moment on NSC? I can't stand them, never have. Self indulgent nonsense.
I admit Freddie was a fantastic showman and was having a laugh, but the rest of them (especially May and his dodgy barnet) and don't even get me started on Bohemian Rhapsody, what a pile of toss. It has an operatic rap in it for gods sake.

Surely the fact that Ben Elton has written a musical about them is enough to put everyone off?

Brian May get your hair cut, stop wearing tight jeans and above all shut up!

Why does eveyone love them so much on here, are they Wrexham fans or something?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
count me in :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Typical! You go to all the trouble of posting Queen abuse on the Queen Tour Dates thread then this thread comes along thirty seconds later. :shootself Ah well... here it is again...

The 'lyrics' thread must have proved to even the casual peruser of the board that Queen were irredemably, truly, madly AND deeply pretentious worthless SHITE. I think NME got it about right in 1975 when after about five years of ceaseless toadying they were finally granted an audience with DeadFred on his chaise longue (long chair) at the Hotel Marmoset in the South of France. The dahling luvvie burbled on for several hours to the scribe ('The Chosen One') about his world-shaking views on life, the universe and more important things.

Then they printed the piece as a four page pull-out which ran to a number of words that even LI would baulk at billing for. Under the red inch-high headline 'Is This Man A Prat?'

Ha ha. :salute:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
considering they're deeply pretentious worthless SHITE, they havn't half made a lot of money! :lolol:

I think QUEEN are great, and you can't convert me.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone who agrees with the tone of this thread is an utter, utter SLAGBOAT:salute:

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I is a SLAGBOAT, innit?

Anywhay the wind blows,
Still a load of wanky,
Bullshiiiiiiiiit...
Bu-ull-shiiiiiit........

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All that Queen have ever been good for is making money by appealing to the lowest common denominator. ‘Pretentious’ implies that they have given some thought to their work - which is clearly not the case.

Yes, of course they are rich. The joke, which they played out for a quarter of a century or more (that they are talented and worth listening to), is on the record-buying public. And they are laughing all the way to their mansions in Buckinghamshire.

The Large Slagboat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here