Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate Leeds but.............

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
They have lent us two decent players in Westlake and Johnson and bought Beeney in our hour of need. What do you think?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They have lent us two decent players in Westlake and Johnson and bought Beeney in our hour of need. What do you think?

A fair point well made. I don't actually hate Leeds as such - neither the players or the manager ( who probably authorised the loans )- I hate Ken Bates who is a complete criminal PRICK !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From memory, without the Beeney deal, we wouldn't be here now.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
From memory, without the Beeney deal, we wouldn't be here now.

Basically the cheque from his sale stopped the winding up order.

Wilkinson sort of admitted years later that although they needed back up to Lukic(?) it was a favour.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Were would we be without the hilarious leeds fans and their endless tales of yester year,i often pop on to their 606 board to see them trying to figure the fook out why everybody laughs at them now that they play in div 3 with teams such as ourselves,i personally hope they never ever go up unless we do too as if i ever get depressed at our results i can always pop on to their board for a laugh so no i dont hate leeds i adore their way of thinking :laugh: soft soft soft !!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I understand (and share) the antipathy towards Bates, but as a Brighton fan I've never quite got this 'hate Leeds' thing. It's true that some of their fans are utter wankers, but you can say that about any club. I've laughed as much as anybody at their decline from being 'champions of Europe' to being the 7th best club in Yorkshire, but they will bounce back and I'd put money on them getting back into the Prem before we get there - if we ever do.

And, as has been pointed out, they have bailed us out more than once.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I understand (and share) the antipathy towards Bates, but as a Brighton fan I've never quite got this 'hate Leeds' thing. It's true that some of their fans are utter wankers, but you can say that about any club. I've laughed as much as anybody at their decline from being 'champions of Europe' to being the 7th best club in Yorkshire, but they will bounce back and I'd put money on them getting back into the Prem before we get there - if we ever do.

And, as has been pointed out, they have bailed us out more than once.

Agree with that.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I dont understand the massive hatred towards them? yes they bent the rules, but why the hatred? It seems most of our fans (mainly under 23's) seem to hate them more than ANYONE, even Palace for example.

Not to bring up an old debate, but can you not think there might be a good reason there?

I don't particularly hate Leeds (although I do hate Bates and the way they bent the rules), and I don't particularly hate Palace either. Dunno how old you are (but can't be much more than me), but I am 23 and can still get motivated into considering Palace a rival (and loving the 1-0 at Selhurst!), but can't really find any reason to really hate them, beyond it being 'the way things are' if you follow Brighton.

In my lifetime (or at least since '92-93 when I started following Brighton) we've played them a handful of times, and never really on an equal footing (in terms of what we were achieving in the league). Its not like the rivalry is more cultural (i.e. Celtic-Rangers), is divisive in a town based on family history (i.e. Bristol) or is a rivalry between towns that goes far beyond football (i.e. Southampton - Pompey). It only really surfaces when the teams actually meet, which we've hardly done.

I can understand how younger fans can consider the 4 seasons in recent years that we've met Leeds (with some fantastic moments in there) more relevant!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not to bring up an old debate, but can you not think there might be a good reason there?

I don't particularly hate Leeds (although I do hate Bates and the way they bent the rules), and I don't particularly hate Palace either. Dunno how old you are (but can't be much more than me), but I am 23 and can still get motivated into considering Palace a rival (and loving the 1-0 at Selhurst!), but can't really find any reason to really hate them, beyond it being 'the way things are' if you follow Brighton.

In my lifetime (or at least since '92-93 when I started following Brighton) we've played them a handful of times, and never really on an equal footing (in terms of what we were achieving in the league). Its not like the rivalry is more cultural (i.e. Celtic-Rangers), is divisive in a town based on family history (i.e. Bristol) or is a rivalry between towns that goes far beyond football (i.e. Southampton - Pompey). It only really surfaces when the teams actually meet, which we've hardly done.

I can understand how younger fans can consider the 4 seasons in recent years that we've met Leeds (with some fantastic moments in there) more relevant!

Plus they have nutters who will smack you in the face for no reason:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here