Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate christmas!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lizard is entitled to his opinion, I tend to agree with him but it's easier to go with the flow than get upset about. What annoyed me last Christmas that I am in a Middle Eastern country and yet they were still celebrating Christmas !

Anyway there's no point in moaning about it however justified you might feel as the vast majority love an excuse for some serious excess.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Too old to argue with you.

I'm saying this from a non Christian point of view. I stated earlier in the thread that have no problem with the people who believe in the real reason for christmas, go ahead and celebrate, if i was a christian i would. I have been to church and attended a midnight mass, a number of years ago when i was young and i get what you mean but feel you may have mis-understood me.

I'm not digging at Christians here or in any way blaming them for christmas trees, santa and cards etc, i'm pointing a finger at the commercial side of the whole affair and just saying why?
I'm not a mean person and enjoy giving to my friends and family, but feel somewhat pushed this time of the year, for reasons that are so totally non religious.

I'd like nothing more than for you to enjoy christmas, but for the right reasons, not the modern commercial fake christmas.

Sorry if calling you a ball-bag offended you!

If you're not a Christian, then don't take part in it and respect those who enjoy it.

I'm not religious but, I love Xmas and the whole commercial side that goes with it.

I love the look on my kids face when they wake me up at half 6 Xmas day morning and the smell of fresh mince pies and sausage rolls that are cooking throughout the morning.

I also love the fact that it's the one time of the year my whole family can get together and have a good time!

and without Xmas, you'd not have Boxing day football - the best match of the year (even if the games are rubbish!!!)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For straight blokes the internet has taken the sting out of Christmas shopping, you see your friends and family, lots of sports, booze, junk food, relaxed atmosphere at work etc. Nobody forces you to go to church, but you can turn up if you want - the more the merrier.

So, what is there not to like?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
If you're not a Christian, then don't take part in it and respect those who enjoy it.

I'm not religious but, I love Xmas and the whole commercial side that goes with it.

I love the look on my kids face when they wake me up at half 6 Xmas day morning and the smell of fresh mince pies and sausage rolls that are cooking throughout the morning.

I also love the fact that it's the one time of the year my whole family can get together and have a good time!

and without Xmas, you'd not have Boxing day football - the best match of the year (even if the games are rubbish!!!)

Fair enough, i'm not saying don't enjoy it. Hope you have a great time with you family. From what you have wrote i can see why you like christmas and i'm no position to knock that.
It's only my view. I don't have kids, guess if i did it would be different as you say.
It's just my opinion. In turn i respect others opinions, even those that conflict with mine. If everyone always agreed it'd be a boring world.
Yeah, boxing day football, good one, can't wait for us to lose 3-0 at home to Colchester!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Christmas becomes a bit more forced when there aren't any kids around and it's just adults swapping presents. Why don't you get yourself a kid for next year and see if it makes a difference? There are loads of them walking around and generally they are quite weak, you should be able to overpower them easy.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Christmas becomes a bit more forced when there aren't any kids around and it's just adults swapping presents. Why don't you get yourself a kid for next year and see if it makes a difference? There are loads of them walking around and generally they are quite weak, you should be able to overpower them easy.

Maybe i'll try that, do you have any for sale?

What a gitfest.

Christmas is a holiday season for giving prezzies and going out to get bladdered down the local and upchucking figgy pudding. Who CARES about the religious side of it, if you don't want to be religious?

I woulda thought a person with lots of non-christian friends would appreciate it for what it is among those pals, and quit moaning.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
'Twas ever thus. This was a song by the American satirist Tom Lehrer written in the early 1950s:

Christmas time is here by golly,
Disapproval would be folly,
Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fill the cup and don't say 'when'.
Kill the turkeys ducks and chickens,
Mix the punch - drag out the Dickens,
Even though the prospect sickens,
Brother here we go again.

On Christmas Day you can't get sore
Your fellow man you must adore,
There's time to rob him all the more,
The other three hundred and sixty four.