Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I had this lot for dinner tonight; What have you got for dinner tonight?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had no dinner last night just alcohol

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
WHAT?? Frozen Toad in the Hole? What is the world coming to.....

Everyone I know still makes it...

My mum buys them frozen from any of the supermarkets or Iceland simply because they are small portions and one of them does her 2 days so it is not worth the hassle of making it ,so she says. I can see her point as they only cost about £1 or so.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
My mum buys them frozen from any of the supermarkets or Iceland simply because they are small portions and one of them does her 2 days so it is not worth the hassle of making it ,so she says. I can see her point as they only cost about £1 or so.

Iceland!

Frozen!

£1!

My god, I've just fainted! Frozen, £1 toad in the holes...I've become a food snob...

Sausages are £1.60 at tescos, and flour, egg and water is something most people have! What on earth has happened to cooking in the world....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Iceland!

Frozen!

£1!

My god, I've just fainted! Frozen, £1 toad in the holes...I've become a food snob...

Sausages are £1.60 at tescos, and flour, egg and water is something most people have! What on earth has happened to cooking in the world....
That works out at 20p per sausage or 8 for £1.60 and an 11p pack of Blue & White batter mix + 1 egg @11p so without cooking the ingredients cost £1.82 to feed at least 4 so a £1 one from Iceland or Tesco is good value.

Only unsophisticated northerners refer to dinner eaten at about 5 pm as tea.
Tea is when you drink a cup of tea/coffee and eat biscuits/cakes around 4 pm.

That is afternoon tea, taken to fill the gap between lunch and evening dinner. But when one has had one's dinner at lunch-time, what does one call the meal typically eaten between 5-6 pm consisting of egg or beans on toast, or salad in summer; bread & butter with jam; possibly trifle, blancmange or other cold sweet; cake. All with as much tea as you can drink!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
That works out at 20p per sausage or 8 for £1.60 and an 11p pack of Blue & White batter mix + 1 egg @11p so without cooking the ingredients cost £1.82 to feed at least 4 so a £1 one from Iceland or Tesco is good value.

Dear god - you're scrabling over a few pence instead of cooking yourselves?

The preprocessed shite people eat these days to save a few pence here and there really defies logic! Sorry but I think its more laziness than economy!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Why buy batter mix? Buy flour and milk!!

Buying toad in the hole is just silly - it's one of the easiest things to make, and for the few pennies extra you get something that is healthier, contains less fat and hidden salt and chemicals that are used in the manufacturing process.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Why buy batter mix? Buy flour and milk!!

Buying toad in the hole is just silly - it's one of the easiest things to make, and for the few pennies extra you get something that is healthier, contains less fat and hidden salt and chemicals that are used in the manufacturing process.

Exactly what I was trying to say - you just said it better :lolol::wave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would not buy batter mix and in fact my wife buys very little premade of anything but my mother is 89 years old and blind with AMD so it is both easier and safer for her to use either a frozen product that just goes in her combi micro or a packet ingredient.

Mar 13, 2008
Not sure. Might have some fish.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Shepherds pie tonight, haven't had it for years, going to put loads of cheese in the mash just to make it a little more interesting.

Mar 13, 2008
chicken and beef stew.

luckily I don't have to give up meat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here