Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I had my first taekwondo lesson tonight...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It's £30 for a six-week course, I missed the first one last week so was sort of thrown in at the deep end today, but it seems good.

I badly need to build-up my fitness, so am actually looking forward to it. All we did today was work on balance, basic kicks, defensive positions, basic punch action and kicking into the pads.

Will let you know how it goes.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
eastlondonseagull said:
...so give me a few weeks and I'll have the lot of ya!

Or maybe not. Think that the ten-year-old lad off to my right had a better kick than me. How do they balance on one leg? Then kick? And not fall over?

Ah, the joys of stiffness in the morning.

I'm a first dan Ju-Jitsu been doing it for quite some time obviously but the grading to get my first dan was horrible i was actually physically sick afterwards! Good luck with the tae-kwondo though eastlondon keep at it even though on many occassions you'll want to jack it in believe me!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: I had my first taekwondo lesson tonight...

AJ's Love Monkey said:
I'm a first dan Ju-Jitsu been doing it for quite some time obviously but the grading to get my first dan was horrible i was actually physically sick afterwards! Good luck with the tae-kwondo though eastlondon keep at it even though on many occassions you'll want to jack it in believe me!
Cheers AJ :bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here