Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I had my first taekwondo lesson tonight...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
...so give me a few weeks and I'll have the lot of ya!

Or maybe not. Think that the ten-year-old lad off to my right had a better kick than me. How do they balance on one leg? Then kick? And not fall over?

Ah, the joys of stiffness in the morning.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Maybe you should rephrase you final sentence.:blush: :wave:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Ah, the joys of stiffness in the morning. [/B][/QUOTE]

:ohmy: :lolol: :lolol:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Ha ha it took two women to spot your deliberate mistake!!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Its awful when you ache like that but it shouldn't too bad if you warmed up and down sufficiently. Maybe you should have a soak in a hot bath which I understand can help stiffness.:wave:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Spicy said:
Its awful when you ache like that but it shouldn't too bad if you warmed up and down sufficiently. Maybe you should have a soak in a hot bath which I understand can help stiffness.:wave:

A hot bath? more like a cold shower!!! :eek: :lolol:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
:ohmy: You may be right, Race. I was trying to embarrass him - it obviously didn't work.:lolol:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
eastlondonseagull said:
Steady you two :lolol: Though a massage would be nice right now, if any Daft Bints would like to volunteer ;)

you couldnt afford my services ;) :D

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
eastlondonseagull said:
Tell you what, though Spicy, there's gonna be a bit of pain involved methinks. It was really basic stuff, but I'm aching already :lolol:

Wait till you get into the sparring and get bruised ribs from being repeatedly kicked to the body. Now thats painful.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
eastlondonseagull said:
Cheers for that Rangdo, you bastard. Suppose that means it hurts when you go for a dump does it? :lolol:
Not really. It just hurts all the time :)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
:lolol: Its all part of the fun. I used to love the sparring and the fitness level that you achieve from 2-3 hours a week is incredible.

You shouldn't be doing any aggressive combat stuff until you have reached some level of training - which won't be for a while. If the trainer likes to demonstrate full throws on you, or pits you against other students at this stage, then you should probably look for another class!

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
I didn't need any lessons. It came naturally to me at a young age.

I did get caught at it by my mother when I was eight, and she warned me that if I did it every night I would go blind. Bloody well got round that. I did it every other night and now I wear glasses.

Oh you said taek wondo . :blush: Silly me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here