Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I got a HOLE IN ONE today...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Self indulgent bollocks, but what the hell. I just HAVE to tell you about it.

Roedean pitch & putt this afternoon, 13th hole. Par 3, 79 yards up a slight incline, the fairway sloping a little right to left. A smallish green protected by low banking on either side and behind. A firm breeze was blowing across the tee from the East, and the yellow flag was fluttering buoyantly in the wind, on a clear, sunny day. Little Easy (my 9 year old) tee's off and hits a low drive 3/4 of the way to the green, a good effort.

Grasping my 8 iron, I placed the white Tour Edition 2 ball on the tee, took a couple of practice swings, then addressed the ball. I swung smoothly through the ball, making good contact, and heard a satisfying "thwack" as the club skimmed the underside of the ball. The ball flew through the air just to the right of the target. One bounce on the fairway, and the ball made it to the small bank. The contours of the land, the momentum of the ball, and a small kiss from the GODS gave it just enough to roll up, across, then down the other side and onto the green. Where it rolled...and rolled...and rolled...and then suddenly....it just disappeared.

"A trick of perspective" I thought. "Its probably just settled behind the flagpole, blocking my view of it". But it was very odd how it suddenly just vanished. I didn't dare let myself think the unthinkable...naah, it couldn't be. Surely not. So I set off up the fairway, scanning the green for my ball...nowhere to be seen. I still darn't allow myself to believe it, and start looking around the grass behind the green, thinking perhaps I went straight through. But no, no ball.

Little Easy scampered on ahead and up to the green. "Its not...its not IN there is it ?" I call...."YES" comes the report. "Its IN THE HOLE !"

It takes a moment for the news to register. I stand there stunned, a brief second of dizzyness sways me slightly, before a low, gutteral rumbling begins in my stomach, surges up through my chest, reaches my throat and then bursts forth in an instinctive, primal ROAR.

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

I stride up to the green, and sure enough there it is, nestling in the hole next to the flagpole. Heart thudding, I bend down and pluck it out of the hole feeling like a KING. The first hole in one I've EVER had. It'll probably be the only one I have in my lifetime. I've always wondered how it would feel, well now I know. Abso-bloody-lutely MARVELLOUS. The last few holes just passed me by and I finished with a distinctly average 66 - but I didn't care. That very ball now sits proudly on my monitor, enscribed with the legend:

"20/3/05 13th Roedean HOLE IN ONE"

Hurrah hurrah HURRAH :clap2: :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Drinks all round then! :drink: :clap2:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i once got a hole in one at Horam Park Golf course pitch and putt, that was a few years ago now though.

D

Deleted User X18H

Roedean.......................:lolol: :lolol: I got six pars at Hollingbury this morning a lipped out for a birdie two on the tenth.................no seriously well done.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know, its only Roedean. :lolol:
But Little Easy's too small at the moment for the full size courses, and it IS still good practice for the short game. Sad I know, but I'll never forget it !!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
hove born&bred said:
Roedean.......................:lolol: :lolol: I got six pars at Hollingbury this morning a lipped out for a birdie two on the tenth.................no seriously well done.

I would have thought you would play at a better course than that sir.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
in some countries, a hol in one means you buy everyonelse pressies :clap2:

i'll have a new car ;)

D

Deleted User X18H

dougdeep said:
I would have thought you would play at a better course than that sir.
Well it is convenient ,you get to play Waterhall as well for your membership and it is not far from where I live ,blah blah blah blah, central Brighton etc etc.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
hove born&bred said:
Well it is convenient ,you get to play Waterhall as well for your membership and it is not far from where I live ,blah blah blah blah, central Brighton etc etc.

Blatchington is a nice course, it's in SEAFORD don't you know.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Well done !

I know it is only pitch and putt.....an 8 iron for 79 yards ???

BTW, my only hole in one was whilst playing Tiger Woods 2003 on PS2 with Wozza and one of his mates.

I was over the moon at achieving one in a computer game, god knows what I would be like if I get one in real life.

Last edited:

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
I was playing at waterhall last year, and the first there is a short par four easily driveable with a 5 iron if you hit the right line. I was putting out with my mate when a ball from the group just teeing off hits my foot, immediate thought was WTF then it dawned on me to play a little practical joke.

quickly finishing with pars a piece we decide to place the guys ball in the hole and stand facing the direction he would be coming waiting. As his figure emerges from the top of the hill we begin applauding him and told him he scored an Ace.

He began running down the hill and asked how, I said it hit the flag and dropped, otherwise you'd of been through the back. Instantly he turns around and shouts up to his mate in the bush, its in the hole, drinks on me!

Naturally I felt rather amused and was rather put off my tee shot on the next hole, and before playing 3 of the tee I turn to see the guy getting his photo taken next to the flag holding his ball up.

LOL, I changed that guys life with a practical joke and would like to thank mr easy for jogging my memory of such an experience.

I think i'm even gonna start a new post! :lolol:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ManxSeagull said:
I know it is only pitch and putt.....an 8 iron for 79 yards ???
I know an 8 iron is overkill for such short holes, but I only take a half-swing off the tee - I find I get more control and a better contact than if I try a full swing with a wedge from there.

I'm not very good you see, so I have to adapt !

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Easy 10 said:
I know an 8 iron is overkill for such short holes, but I only take a half-swing off the tee - I find I get more control and a better contact than if I try a full swing with a wedge from there.

I'm not very good you see, so I have to adapt !

We all have to start somewhere.

I played a seriously long Links course on the Island yesterday, it took four of us 4.5 hours to get round.

I also lost 4 balls in the very very deep gorse.

The final hole was hit and hope, as the sea mist rolled in very quickly and visbility was down to 50 yards on a 450 yard hole. :ohmy:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
John Boy said:
I bet he just sliced it, it bounced around the course and somehow rolled into the hole :lolol:
He said he got it on the 13th, what he didn't say was he was playing the 9th!!!!!!!!!!!:lolol: :lolol:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
bakesy said:
He said he got it on the 13th, what he didn't say was he was playing the 9th!!!!!!!!!!!:lolol: :lolol:

That reminds me of a story one of my mates told me about his brother playing golf.

His brother drove off the 1st tee, seriously sliced the shot and ended up 6" from the 18th hole. :D

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
dougdeep said:
Blatchington is a nice course, it's in SEAFORD don't you know.
You're right there Doug.....that's where i'm a member.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here