Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I feel this needs to be said

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The point is, over the last 15 months, there have been an awful lot of poor performances, marked by a lack of: goal scoring, pace, power, flexibility in offensive tactics, and confidence. Not in every game, and for a while in August/September we were fleetingly back to our best.

The big uplift in spending on fees and wages has not paid dividends, whereas the likes of Watford, CP, and Millwall have shown flair, power, tactics and confidence to get them into contention on a lower budget and great scouting.

CP and Millwall are established sides in this division. Plus if Zaha, Murray and Wood are not with them post January's transfer window then I think they'll head towards mid table.

We are attempting to establish ourselves. For me that means being defensively sound, which we have been (mostly) this season and creating chances which again we have been doing this season.

Im not an apologist for Poyet, there are areas that need addressing and the glaring one is our inability to convert chances into goals. For the record I think the CMS experiment has run its course and thats down to Gus.

As for Watford, they are not on a budget, they have about 10 players on loan from Udinese, and some others from Granada and Chelsea. They can do this because their owner owns THREE football clubs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CP and Millwall are established sides in this division. Plus if Zaha, Murray and Wood are not with them post January's transfer window then I think they'll head towards mid table.

We are attempting to establish ourselves. For me that means being defensively sound, which we have been (mostly) this season and creating chances which again we have been doing this season.

Im not an apologist for Poyet, there are areas that need addressing and the glaring one is our inability to convert chances into goals. For the record I think the CMS experiment has run its course and thats down to Gus.

As for Watford, they are not on a budget, they have about 10 players on loan from Udinese, and some others from Granada and Chelsea. They can do this because their owner owns THREE football clubs.

A couple of months back, optimistically I would agreed with you. A striker was all we needed.

But now there seem to be some glaring other playing and scouting/squad quality issues.

The plethora of not the fastest/powerful/skilled CMers like Crofts and Hammond is one such issue. They are decent players, but are coming up against hungrier and pacier midfields.

And for all those talking about cashing in on Buckley and Bridcutt:
Would you trust Gus with the cash? and;
Let's stop this selling club mentality. The club's income is approaching £30m which is vast by Championship standards. We should be raiding other clubs.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
A couple of months back, optimistically I would agreed with you. A striker was all we needed.

But now there seem to be some glaring other playing and scouting/squad quality issues.

The plethora of not the fastest/powerful/skilled CMers like Crofts and Hammond is one such issue. They are decent players, but are coming up against hungrier and pacier midfields.

And for all those talking about cashing in on Buckley and Bridcutt:
Would you trust Gus with the cash? and;
Let's stop this selling club mentality. The club's income is approaching £30m which is vast by Championship standards. We should be raiding other clubs.

I would agree that Crofts and Hammond haven't had the impact I thought they would.

Is that down to anyone in particular? I don't think it is, on paper and their previous record then they appeared to be the type of midfielder we were (and still are) missing.

The cash question is an interesting one, but Gus has made some good signings as well as some stinkers. So yes I would trust him, but if he spends big then I'd rather he bought players who have an immediate impact than try the same thing he did with CMS.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Could've be bothered to read all that, but let me say one thing - when someone posts a complete essay, why oh why do people feel the need to quote the entire bloody post FFS!! WHY!!!!! ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!

Owlseagull

Dec 29, 2012
I think you're a bit weird.
Our defensive record is excellent, but in SPORT things dont always go your way. They had a bad night.

Get over it.

Okay, if we recover from last night, then it will be a bad day in the office. I am just worried if our defense doesn't not improve come the end of the next month.

Owlseagull

Dec 29, 2012
You've just confirmed that you have an awful opinion and your posts aren't worth reading.

Also, Barber out!? What the f*** are you talking about?! He's trying to maximise profit for a 90 million pound investor! Did you not go to school?! If you don't like the price of the pies, eat before you come out!

Complete morons joining NSC I tell you!

Thank you. Glad you have enjoyed them. See you at Ipswich.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
It would be so much better for the club if these sort of fans ooze away. I would rather have the Amex with 18,000 fans out of a 30,000 seater stadium singing and getting behind our teams than a full house with about 10,000 fans sitting on their hands and leave with 15 minutes to go if our not 3-0 up or worse booing.

What a staggeringly stupid comment! This is only beaten by some Ninja fella who thinks Koooshack is to blame for all the goals last night and is not very good! Amazing the hysteria on this board at the moment, full of keyboard warriors wanting Poyet, the players, Barber, the stewards all to be sacked and replaced in the January window.........comical!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here