Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I feel supremely confident we will get a positive result at Sheffield United.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully we'll show a bit more GUILE in unlocking SU's highly effective park-the-bus anti-football than we showed at the Amex. No pressure then Alexis...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If the shape of the feces I just smeared on the wall is anything to go by...

2 - 0 win.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am convinced we will crush Crystal Palace next week, but this game... they are a good, dirty and clever lot with insane amounts of self-confidence. I'd take one point if it was offered.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not bedwetting at all, I’m relaxed about our fate wherever that takes us.

But imho Sheff Utd will win. They have a far better defence, a packed and superior midfield, and they know how to win ugly if need be.

Very highly motivated too with 5th place now likely to qualify for CL.

This I'm afraid .... we lack the pace and physicality to deal with the likes of Sheff U.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Great. This thread now means we'll be 2-0 down in 10 minutes, the game will be over as a contest by half-time. We'll rally for the last ten minutes, create some opportunities that will lead to people thinking 'we could have snatched it at the end if those chances went in'. Potter will talk about learning from it.

Or, if we're lucky, only one down, come back to grab a point late on, then get told that the spirit the team showed, and the fight back will be the turning point. The boys'll be able to take that result and really push on next time...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Obviously we all give Sheff Utd huge credit. They’ve had an amazing season already.

But I know what you guys mean. We have to break this bloody bad run at some point. There has to be a game where we FINALLY capitalise on our mega possession and take our chances.

Even if we’re not a top 6 team we have to give someone a good pasting, at least once this season. Newcastle have got battered in some games yet grab undeserved wins. That has to be us at some point. Mathematically it has to be.

Hopefully tomorrow.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Great. This thread now means we'll be 2-0 down in 10 minutes, the game will be over as a contest by half-time. We'll rally for the last ten minutes, create some opportunities that will lead to people thinking 'we could have snatched it at the end if those chances went in'. Potter will talk about learning from it.

Or, if we're lucky, only one down, come back to grab a point late on, then get told that the spirit the team showed, and the fight back will be the turning point. The boys'll be able to take that result and really push on next time...

Obvs! It talked its way out of a 3 from 12 point return from the easiest run of games this season.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
No point going if you don't feel positive, I'm not going. :D

I don’t feel positive and I’m going

Walked out in disgust - back to the concourse twice at West Ham. We scored both times, so I’ll do it again tomorrow

Jobs a good un

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I too share the optimism. I don't know why because we've been absolutely shit for the last 4 games and they're maintaining their good form. Also we didn't pay a glove on them in the first game. Should be an easy home win, but for some reason I've got a funny feeling they might slip up tomorrow. We can't be shit forever :shrug:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I am sure there was a thread before the home game against Sheff U that was equally (or even more) confident of a result.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I too share the optimism. I don't know why because we've been absolutely shit for the last 4 games and they're maintaining their good form. Also we didn't pay a glove on them in the first game. Should be an easy home win, but for some reason I've got a funny feeling they might slip up tomorrow. We can't be shit forever :shrug:

Hope. It’s the hardest emotion to contend with! It’s weird isn’t it, I reckon we’re going to sneak a win today too. Absolutely no evidence other than gut feeling and blind optimism but hey, sometimes that’s all yer need! Come on you super seagulls!! :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two bets today for this infrequent gambler

Win at 3-1 and win 2-1 at 14-1

A massive £5 on each

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm optimistic that we'll get at least a point. Sheffield United will be starting to turn into a complacent mood with Europe possibly beckoning.

Football Focus was good with the six relegation candidates each represented by a fan. Anyone on here for the Seagulls? I wanted to smack that Watford fan by the end - whoops! Someone had already beaten me to it! I was impressed with the Bournemouth fan the most with his view on Eddie Howe, saying pressure is going out of the football league. This doesn't even compare although financially I guess it does now.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Was somewhat confident of scraping something, but not so much after seeing the line-up. Hope for best. Im not a football manager, so who knows. I still prefer potterball to what we were doing previously.
UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here