Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Feel Sorry For Mcghee!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's just the post Christmas blues.

I remember a thread 'We might as well write the season off now' started one January.
Who knows what is going to happen in the next 5 months?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: I Feel Sorry For Mcghee!

BarrelofFun said:
Would you retract that, if McGhee rescues us from relegation, having been odds on favourites for the drop???

Not at all. Dick Knight has a list a foot long of managers who could do as competent a job as McGhee. I'll thank whoever the SaviourStriker is that we get in this month. Cos the task appears beyond the current set-up, no matter how much the manager juggles them out of position. There's no Adam Virgo waiting in the wings, and we just sold our best forward for peanuts.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: I Feel Sorry For Mcghee!

Tom Hark said:
Not at all. Dick Knight has a list a foot long of managers who could do as competent a job as McGhee. I'll thank whoever the SaviourStriker is that we get in this month..

I'd love to know who you think is on that list of managers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Feel Sorry For Mcghee!

Yorkie said:
I'd love to know who you think is on that list of managers.

Dunno. But when me & Dan gatecrashed hospitality after the West Ham game last season, and asked DK whether MM would be signing a new contract, he said (in a shrug of the shoulders kind of way) that he hoped so, but that there was already a short list drawn up for his replacement. There's always a list of famous names waiting for any managerial position Yorkie, you should know that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Feel Sorry For Mcghee!

Tom Hark said:
Dunno. But when me & Dan gatecrashed hospitality after the West Ham game last season, and asked DK whether MM would be signing a new contract, he said (in a shrug of the shoulders kind of way) that he hoped so, but that there was already a short list drawn up for his replacement. There's always a list of famous names waiting for any managerial position Yorkie, you should know that.

I do but it doesn't mean that they would do a better job. If they're waiting it means they're unemployed so therefore not a lot of good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Feel Sorry For Mcghee!

Yorkie said:
I do but it doesn't mean that they would do a better job. If they're waiting it means they're unemployed so therefore not a lot of good.

Nonsense. There's always more unemployed managers than there are positions available. As to doing a better job, that's all a matter of conjecture. No way of proving it. It doesn't mean they would do a worse job.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Feel Sorry For Mcghee!

Tom Hark said:
Nonsense. There's always more unemployed managers than there are positions available. As to doing a better job, that's all a matter of conjecture. No way of proving it. It doesn't mean they would do a worse job.

We'll agree to disagree and mines a half tomorrow :drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Feel Sorry For Mcghee!

Tom Hark said:
deal - & can i still have a lift to the reserves match? :)

Yep :)

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
jean tigana's blue and white army

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Silent Bob said:
I feel sorry for him, working a job he's clearly not up to.

So give us all the benefit of your extensive footballing knowledge and tell us what YOU would have done different in getting us to the playoff final, followed by keeping us up last season and keeping us within striking distance of safety this season.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here