Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i feel like we are in a never ending nightmare

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No you're right. It's all shit.

Class stadium on the way, no outstanding debts, an exciting new owner and manager.

Yep, all shit.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I was approaching the end of my tether before this Forster news broke. Now, I just feel shattered.
Withdean has bled us all dry and now we are just a bunch of limp and lifeless souls going through the motions of supporting the club, knowing deep down that the players hearts aren't in it either. There is no fight or passion at Home and when we go a goal down, its game over.
The tension and anxiety at Withdean transmits itself to everybody. It is a malaise, a deeprooted mentality that will not change.
Gus has realised he can't do anything about it and clearly puts all his efforts into away games. Unfortunately, we will lose a number of away games between now and the end of the season and we will sure as hell lose more at home.
We are stuck in a huge rut and about to create history, by recording the worst home record ever. Is this the credential of an upwardly mobile club?

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Agree with most of the above and I have to admit to not really going that often to watch games at Withdean.
Villa was a nice break from the gloom but I still think if we can hang on in League 1 the good (ish) times are only around the corner.
Once we see Falmer completed it should improve the feeling around the place and hopefully inspire the players.
On paper I think we are a decent side but for some reason something is just not clicking. Defence has been a key area of concern but there are signs of improvement.
It could be worse we could support Pompey or Palace

Seriously mate, we have a reason for being as far down the league as we are, you have money, we have none but weight for weight we're punching a lot harder than you are.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Seriously mate, we have a reason for being as far down the league as we are, you have money, we have none but weight for weight we're punching a lot harder than you are.

That's a fair comment but lets see where the two clubs are in a couple of years time. Our Day Will Come.

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
Since my football ban started, it has been utter shit. But i'm alowed back next season

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The unexplained departure of Matt Hicks has worried me greatly. He has done more than anyone to reinvigorate the youth side, with the Legal and General Family Section, the Junior Seagulls and lately the Seagulls Club. All we hear is that he has resigned to pursue "other options". Normally, one hears that someone is leaving, and they are thanked at half time for their work for the club. Curious, no?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I was approaching the end of my tether before this Forster news broke. Now, I just feel shattered.
Withdean has bled us all dry and now we are just a bunch of limp and lifeless souls going through the motions of supporting the club, knowing deep down that the players hearts aren't in it either. There is no fight or passion at Home and when we go a goal down, its game over.
The tension and anxiety at Withdean transmits itself to everybody. It is a malaise, a deeprooted mentality that will not change.
Gus has realised he can't do anything about it and clearly puts all his efforts into away games. Unfortunately, we will lose a number of away games between now and the end of the season and we will sure as hell lose more at home.
We are stuck in a huge rut and about to create history, by recording the worst home record ever. Is this the credential of an upwardly mobile club?

I thought Bloom would change things; maybe that takes time. Sadly for Albion though, it's only his money that is keeping you afloat. So you'd better keep praying that his betting empire is based on solid ground....

richm999

Jan 13, 2010
The unexplained departure of Matt Hicks has worried me greatly. He has done more than anyone to reinvigorate the youth side, with the Legal and General Family Section, the Junior Seagulls and lately the Seagulls Club. All we hear is that he has resigned to pursue "other options". Normally, one hears that someone is leaving, and they are thanked at half time for their work for the club. Curious, no?

I totally agree, not a mention anywhere about it, he has done so much for the club in the 20yrs he has been there. You would think that with that amount of service it would have got into the Argus!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I lost all enthusiasm and stopped going, so I purchased a season ticket to force myself to go!

I have only seen us win once this season and do not want to spend another £500 on that standard of football, but I know if everyone thought that we really would be in the shit so i will probably carry on and hope that Falmer will change things.

I truely think we are only two centre backs away from a top 6 league one side F@~k knows why we did not sign two centre backs this transfer window everybody else can see its the abysmal central defenders that have let us down this season

I think you've hit the nail on the head, why can we afford to spend £90 million on a new ground but sweet FA on decent players is beyond me - it's about time the board remembered that it's a football club first and foremost. Last season was the last straw as far as a season ticket was concerned for me. Even Madjeski at Reading realises that he has to underwrite the transfer fees for players from his own pocket even if he insisted that the wage bill was paid for out of club turnover. I'm still not quite sure what Bloom expects to get out of his investment but quality football doesn't seem to feature.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think you've hit the nail on the head, why can we afford to spend £90 million on a new ground but sweet FA on decent players is beyond me - it's about time the board remembered that it's a football club first and foremost. Last season was the last straw as far as a season ticket was concerned for me. Even Madjeski at Reading realises that he has to underwrite the transfer fees for players from his own pocket even if he insisted that the wage bill was paid for out of club turnover. I'm still not quite sure what Bloom expects to get out of his investment but quality football doesn't seem to feature.

:facepalm:I hate these "why don't the board do this" and "why don't the board do that" comments. Why don't you go and buy two centrebacks, eh? Bloomin' 'eck, give them a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here