Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i feel like we are in a never ending nightmare

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
The last 3 season have been so bad it's hard to get enthustic sometimes,
Now I hear Forster has put in for a transfer, I thought we would do well to keep him here as a coach, surley he has more to offer than tthe likes of oatway ?

Certainly since wilkins was sacked we have had 3 managers countless players at yet nothing we do can break us away from the bottom of the table.

I have a really bad feeling we will go down this season, the home form is the bulk of the problem, we can slag off withdean until we are bluew in the face.

But where does the problem lie and What can WE do about it.

At the moment the only light at ther end of the tunnel is falmer,I'm a sth and can't remember the last game I enjoyed at withdean. :nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It has been shit for a while now, no doubt about it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
at least we are not Pompey....that has gone from the sublime to the rediculous

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am going less and less nowadays and apathy is definetly stting in, but thats happened before at certain times.
Its curable with a course of attractive, successful football.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The Zamora era, (Adams, Taylor and Coppell) undoubtedly spoilt us, and perhaps eradicated the memory of the pitiful end to the Goldstone and lest we forget Priestfield.

Things were always going to get better when the club returned to home soil; the initial orgasmic interlude however, has given way to a post wankian depression of the worst kind.

Things however, are not that bad! I remember, whilst we were going under with Jimmy Case, watching Doncaster Rovers (when they were absolutely shit), slaughtering us 3-0 at their olde wooden stadium... Prince Moncrieffe scored twice for fucks sake... It was (as a much younger man), the only time I've cried at a live football match... truly… it was abject.

Things now are, yes, bad - results and form are bad, losing Forster would be very, very bad... but he is 36! Let’s not lose sight (as some have already pointed out) of that fact.

But I remain confident that that day (as described above), bottom of div 3 (as was), seemingly doomed, both financially and in terms of pro football in Sussex and losing to a team made up of some of the worst footballers I've ever seen, who were 8 points above us at the time... and being in tears... will never return.

If we do go down... I'll always keep my faith and always lend my support... call me what you choose... addled and befuddled as I am... I know one thing... we will beat these bad times and we will be stronger for it.

Finally, with regard to that dismal afternoon at Doncaster... my dad (Sheff Utd fan) turned and said:

"You know something Steve; most of these players aren't even good enough to play at non-league level..."

And you know... he was bloody right... and thus the tears did flow...

Times are bad yes, but boy are they better than then.

Rock and Roll brothers and sisters... Rock and Roll.

Last edited:

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
I lost all enthusiasm and stopped going, so I purchased a season ticket to force myself to go!

I have only seen us win once this season and do not want to spend another £500 on that standard of football, but I know if everyone thought that we really would be in the shit so i will probably carry on and hope that Falmer will change things.

I truely think we are only two centre backs away from a top 6 league one side F@~k knows why we did not sign two centre backs this transfer window everybody else can see its the abysmal central defenders that have let us down this season

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
İbrahim Tatlıses;3338060 said:
It's been so shite in the last few years that I stopped watching match of the day, and generally lost my passion for football.

But I try not to forget how good the first half of the decade was either, unbelievable at times. Football's a rollercoaster for FL clubs and we're currently riding the shit bit

I'm not the only one then! Its only out of my loyality to the club I love that I still get to Withdean as regularly as I can. Football has completely lost its soul in alot of respects and I fear it may never get it back.

With regards to the PL, I'm sorry to say but I hardly ever watch it now, partly because I dumped my Sky Sports package and partly because I'm sick of the greedy players and dodgy managers

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
We were only shit last year , the year before we were 7th place ? and this year of course hasn't been the best .

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Agree with most of the above and I have to admit to not really going that often to watch games at Withdean.
Villa was a nice break from the gloom but I still think if we can hang on in League 1 the good (ish) times are only around the corner.
Once we see Falmer completed it should improve the feeling around the place and hopefully inspire the players.
On paper I think we are a decent side but for some reason something is just not clicking. Defence has been a key area of concern but there are signs of improvement.
It could be worse we could support Pompey or Palace

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I think Withdean has drained the life out of everyone involved in the club. It is a depressing experience for the fans and I am sure it can't be much better for the players and management, although they are being paid and should try harder to overcome it. If we can just hang on in there for 18 more months, things will improve when we get to Falmer. Trust me.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I'm sure Withdean and fighting for Falmer has drained our energy and enthusiasm. As a STH I still go. I enjoy the rare blips such as Man City and Aston Villa but right now it is hard being an Albion supporter. Both on and off the pitch we don't seem quite right. The team never seem to perform to their potential; the nonsensical ticket purchasing arrangements which seem designed to stop folk buying a ticket; the heavy handed stewarding; constant change in managers, all seem to show a club in crisis. The only good thing is Falmer but at 18 months away it might as well being built on the moon. Still, it's my club and always will be.
See you at orient!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was starting to think we were moving forward, even though it's been another rubbish season on the pitch, Bloom and Poyet seemed like the men to take us forward. And now this happens. It's not quite as bad as the horrifying decisions of the summer before last but it's still amazingly stupid and makes you wonder if anyone at the club actually knows what they're doing.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The darkest hour is just before dawn...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The last 3 season have been so bad

Only the last 3??????

I can add at least another 20 to that in 52 years of supporting them!

And I expect a few more before I go to the great Goldstone in the Sky! (I hope for a couple of good ones occasionally, too.)

phoenix

May 18, 2009
İbrahim Tatlıses;3338060 said:
It's been so shite in the last few years that I stopped watching match of the day, and generally lost my passion for football.

But I try not to forget how good the first half of the decade was either, unbelievable at times. Football's a rollercoaster for FL clubs and we're currently riding the shit bit

Nice one ibraham spot on. :thumbsup:

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
I certainly do feel that the club has a certain Disney-esque quality, that is to say Mickey Mouse, in the way it runs it's affairs. Ticketing, contracts etc.

I used to think this was all part of the attraction, it somehow added to the whole experience of following a club in dire straits, but now it's all becoming a little bit tiresome.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was starting to think we were moving forward, even though it's been another rubbish season on the pitch, Bloom and Poyet seemed like the men to take us forward. And now this happens. It's not quite as bad as the horrifying decisions of the summer before last but it's still amazingly stupid and makes you wonder if anyone at the club actually knows what they're doing.

I've been saying that for some time - it's all very amatuerish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here