Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I dreamed a dream - It's Barnsley on August 6th!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Timmy, have you been at the Waccy Baccy again ?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Timmy my dream is that you never post your rubbish on here again my nightmare is that you do

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It's going to be HULL

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Brighton and Hove Albion 2 - 2 Leicester City
Barnes (12), Bridcutt (93) - Gallagher (46, 49)

Attendance 21,282

Wow! Over 1000 don't turn up? Are they stuck in traffic congestion on the A27? All gone to weddings, or Pride on the wrong weekend? Forgot it was moved to Friday night?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
My money is on Donny or Barnsley. If pushed id go with Barnsley

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Wow! Over 1000 don't turn up? Are they stuck in traffic congestion on the A27? All gone to weddings, or Pride on the wrong weekend? Forgot it was moved to Friday night?

You always get around 5% who don't turn up. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be any different. There will still be people on holiday. It means a lot to most of us, but for those who couldn't be arsed to go to Withdean, will not be as arsed as the rest of us about missing the first match at Falmer.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Would be good if you could get a bet on this, I'd defo place a few quid on Coventry home

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
You always get around 5% who don't turn up. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be any different. There will still be people on holiday. It means a lot to most of us, but for those who couldn't be arsed to go to Withdean, will not be as arsed as the rest of us about missing the first match at Falmer.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Really ? I agree for any normal first game of the season, but I can't see anything other than a full stadium for our first game at a stadium we have waited so long for. Those at weddings, holidays etc would given their tickets to friends. Only thing to let the attendence down is away fans not selling their allocation

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We already know we will almost certainly be at home because the following Saturday clashes with Pride. Palace will be midweek. Also can't see the authorities being in favour of any team likely to cause trouble as it will be their first experience of policing the stadium. So that would rule out West Ham, Leeds, Millwall, Cardiff, Birmingham and possibly Swansea. Southampton and Reading more likely to be Boxing Day/New Year/Easter. So I think it will almost certainly be a team from the midlands or the north - so Coventry, Derby, Forest, Hull, Leicester, Barnsley. Or what about Ipswich or Watford...?

Don't ask me why tho, but my inkling is for.... BLACKPOOL.

Would be a cracking game too. Bring on the Tangerines!

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

We already know we will almost certainly be at home because the following Saturday clashes with Pride. Palace will be midweek. Also can't see the police being in favour of any team likely to cause trouble as it will be their first experience of policing the stadium. So that would rule out West Ham, Leeds, Millwall, Cardiff, Birmingham and possibly Swansea. Southampton and Reading more likely to be Boxing Day/New Year/Easter. So I think it will almost certainly be a team from the midlands or the north - so Coventry, Derby, Forest, Hull, Leicester, Barnsley. Or what about Ipswich or Watford...?

Don't ask me why tho, but my inkling is for.... BLACKPOOL.

Would be a cracking game too. Bring on the Tangerines!

I think we can ask for a home game thats certain. I think asking the league to rule out 5 or 6 clubs is pushing it a bit.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Unbelievably i'm in Ireland for a wedding on the first weekend of the season, therefore i think i'm one of very few people who hope the League dont start us at home. (Never going to happen).

My Mum is taking my ticket, if we can persuade my Dad to agree to this. Last time she went was mid 80's Goldstone and we got stuffed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here