Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I doubt very much there will be a game at The Withdean on Saturday

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

..as it is currently snowing and freezing here in BN1 a short husky ride form Withers.

Even if the pitch is covered if the forecast is correct (it has been so far) the approach roads will be extremely treacherous.

Oh well there is always the Tingle Creek at Sandown:lolol:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Weird forecast for east sussex friday night saturday morning on met office yesterday, temperature was showing as being minus10! for friday night then +5 deg for saturday, an increase of 15 deg in the space of a few hours, cant see that happening can you?? !

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Ive just checked it again and it now says minus 9 for friday nite and +8deg raining for saturday, incredible, cold snap obviously stopping saturday, but if it comes any later match will surely be off?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My iPhone is showing sunny spells and 1 degree on Friday (so won't shift the snow) and a tropical 6 degrees and rain come Saturday ... but will it be too late? So the GOOD news is that should it be on it will be wet and cold and also one of the few games I am going to miss this season ... enjoy my ticket Alan!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it will be okay. Big temperature increase expected on Saturday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't forget it is not just an issue as to whether the pitch is OK also the opposition need to get here.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
And if the walkways and roads around Withdean are safe and ice free.
Often it the terraces that get the game called off not the pitch

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
A pitch frozen under subzero temperatures for a few days, isn't necessarily going to defrost in a few hours, however mild it gets.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
The word from our ever-reliable weather guru, Papa Lazarou:

It depends on afew things - the weather is due to warm up on Saturday, so there will be a thaw.If they've kept the pitch covered, and frost hasn't got too deep into it, and they don't make the decision too early we might be ok.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Said on the latest weather it is getting minus stupid on Thursday night and up to 1 if lucky on Friday, maybe a good thing if called off as gives us time to regroup for the Huddersfield game

Oh yes and forget the FCUM game then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here