Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I dont understand why

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont understand why we cannot get any money to buy/loan a striker.

I fully accept that DK has put in as much money as he can but I read in a paper that Derek Chapman, a club director and Owner of Adenstar paid £500k when he became a director to have the opportunity to tender to build Falmer.

If that is correct he is obviously a wealthy man why can he not lend the club the money to buy/loan a striker until such time as Falmer is resolved and then recoup his money from the new company that is being set up to build Falmer of which I would assume that he will be a director.

I was told that he and Fat Boy have kept this club afloat with their money. Is it a case of their pot is running dry or have they said enough is enough. If that is the case why? Something doesn't fall into place.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I would imagine that you couldn't loan the club money for a player then recoup from it a stadium-building company. Money can't be moved around like that in a honest, accountable organisation.

Basically the only way for this to work would be for Chapman to just give the club £500,000 for a striker, and never get it back. Which is a big ask. And even if he did just give the club £500,000 for no return, I suspect it would still make more financial sense to spend that money on clearing debts and general running costs than on a player.

We're just not in a position to throw cash around like that. And until we get into Falmer and our revenue streams go up (or have the potential to go up), that won't change.

It's tough and it's painful, but that's the truth of it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Did Chelsea waver there part of the deal for Knight in the end?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BensGrandad said:

I fully accept that DK has put in as much money as he can but I read in a paper that Derek Chapman, a club director and Owner of Adenstar paid £500k when he became a director to have the opportunity to tender to build Falmer.

If that is correct he is obviously a wealthy man why can he not lend the club the money to buy/loan a striker until such time as Falmer is resolved and then recoup his money from the new company that is being set up to build Falmer of which I would assume that he will be a director.

I was told that he and Fat Boy have kept this club afloat with their money. Is it a case of their pot is running dry or have they said enough is enough. If that is the case why? Something doesn't fall into place.

maybe your mates archer and stanley might come back:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would assume that Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club will be able to reclaim the money that they have spent on legal fees from the Stadium Building Company as that will be classed as a legitimate busines expense of the company obtaining planning permission to build the stadium. So the £500k could be repaid by the football club I would have thought but then I am not an accountant.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
BensGrandad said:

What is it you don't understand? We don't have any money. The board probably have personal wealth as individuals, but they're obviously not capable/willing to donate any more of it to the club at the moment.

Please, please, please stop starting these anti-board threads which seem endlessly to be having at a go at people who have kept our club alive through the years. All because they're not magicking money out of some pot at the end of the rainbow. Give it a break.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: I dont understand why

DJ Leon said:
What is it you don't understand? We don't have any money. The board probably have personal wealth as individuals, but they're obviously not capable/willing to donate any more of it to the club at the moment.

Please, please, please stop starting these anti-board threads which seem endlessly to be having at a go at people who have kept our club alive through the years. All because they're not magicking money out of some pot at the end of the rainbow. Give it a break.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the solution is simple. Why doesn't everyone on NSC give the club £500,000, and then we will have £200million to spend on players.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
El Presidente said:
Surely the solution is simple. Why doesn't everyone on NSC give the club £500,000, and then we will have £200million to spend on players.
what only 500 grand :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
BensGrandad said:

Rumour is that Norman Cook said enough is enough with handouts the season we got relegated from wht is now the Championship.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: I dont understand why

DJ Leon said:

This is not a knock at the board I have said that I am told that Derek Chapman and Fatboy Slim have kept this club afloat for the past 4 years and I raise my hat to them for that.

I would have thought that especially in DC's case he would have wanted to protect his investment and interests and as such would have continued to offer financial support not by way of a gift but as a repayable short term loan.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
vulture said:
what only 500 grand :angry: :angry: :angry:

Good thinking, let's make it a round million each, and then a strike force of Henry and Shevchenko at the Withers will EASILY enable us to escapre relegation.

This money stuff is SIMPLE

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What about getting a local business like Donatello's to pay Thierry Henry's wages? Have the board even considered that option? :angry: :angry:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fact:

When Raymond Bloye was Chairman of Palace none of their players was paid by CPFC they were all paid as PR executives by Matthews Butchers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BensGrandad said:
Fact:

When Raymond Bloye was Chairman of Palace none of their players was paid by CPFC they were all paid as PR executives by Matthews Butchers.
I've just phoned the Honey Club and asked them if they wouldn't mind paying a contribution towards Roy Keane's wages - I only asked them for £40k a week.

They told me to f*** off and put the phone down on me. Here's a list of potential Brighton based donors. I've done the hard part, all you have to do is phone them and ask for £10grand a week or so:
G M Building Ltd 01273 690148
BOMBAY INDIAN CUISINE 01273 721199
Thali Thali 01273 711901
COBB ELECTRICAL 01273 566667
C P S PROPERTY SERVICES 01273 889486

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Simster said:
I've just phoned the Honey Club and asked them if they wouldn't mind paying a contribution towards Roy Keane's wages - I only asked them for £40k a week.

Is that why they were engaged when I phoned as I was hoping the two girl special was on the menu tonight.

Damn you Simster:censored:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there a director/directors who are covering the cost of the latest legal bills because that is the only reason why I could see that a director doesnt give a personal short term loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here