Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't mind spiders but?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
i'm joking i never found that in my shed. I did live on a farm in Western Australia and there were loads of the buggers. I used to take great pleasure in hoovering them all up.

But i wonder if these australian spiders could survive over here?

i am not sure mate climate are so different.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

stamp on the fucker, they are pure evil, found some under my son's bike seat once, crapped myself. I hope you lot have got some antidote shipped over as if you get bitten by one of those you need to get it in you pronto. they are very prevelant here, they love dark dry places like shed's and garages and things that have been left alone for ages undercover, frightful things.

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
i'm joking i never found that in my shed. I did live on a farm in Western Australia and there were loads of the buggers. I used to take great pleasure in hoovering them all up.

sucked in, me not your vacuumed redbacks!

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

You'll probably find they thrive behind bars in public houses.......

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Those redbacks are all female. The male version is much smaller and brown. They also arent that deadly. The majority of people who get bitten by one won't need to go to a doctor.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
iraqi-spider-small.jpg

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Those redbacks are all female. The male version is much smaller and brown. They also arent that deadly. The majority of people who get bitten by one won't need to go to a doctor.

what are you on Tyrone? The Geelong ones must be woosies and the WA ones must be well 'ard then, they scare the crap out of me more than anything here in WA (apart from the feckin great whites who seem to be taking folk out at an increasing rate presently, and the Northbridge King-Hitters).....

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Seriously? In the UK? Blimey, I wouldn't have thought there were any native spiders big enough to have the fangs for it.

Apparently there are over a dozen uk spiders that can give a nasty bite, check out the Natural History Museum website Natural History Museum. Nasty!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if cats and magpies hadnt decimated the sparrow population, there would be far less spiders as the birds would eat them all.!

Our back garden is one big spiders webb with loads of the little buggers hanging there looking menacing - makes hanging out the washing an adventure

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yep! Two of my colleagues showed me scars they have from spiders and you can see tiny puncture marks. Both were bitten in Brighton!

I have been smothering it in bite cream, but the instructions say it can't be used for more than three days. I guess if it doesn't get any better in the next few days I will have to go to the doctors as it just seems to be getting more and more painful.

False widow mate, been in the UK years, breading like mad at the moment also, it venomous but just does pretty much what Brighton Girl said, the only thing it can sometimes cause heart palpitations but thats pretty rare.

Woodlouse spider picked one out of the girlfriends bath a while back ferking thing bit me it hurt a bit.

Apparently there are over a dozen uk spiders that can give a nasty bite, check out the Natural History Museum website Natural History Museum. Nasty!

Ah OK, thanks for the info, something else to steer clear of. Hope you discomfort eases up soon brighton_girl87 :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
what are you on Tyrone? The Geelong ones must be woosies and the WA ones must be well 'ard then, they scare the crap out of me more than anything here in WA (apart from the feckin great whites who seem to be taking folk out at an increasing rate presently, and the Northbridge King-Hitters).....

I'm 5ft 11, redbacks are tiny, just squash the fuckers! They don't have armour plating you know :p

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Never mind the economy, I want to know what Cameron and his cronies plan to do about Britain's spider problem.

These hairy little fuckers aren't going away and their numbers are only increasing.

I'd like to know which of the mainstream parties has the most coherent policy on banishing these beasties from our shores

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here