Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't like test match cricket....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
oh no, I f***ing love it!

:clap2:

Anyone else looking forward to the England v South Africa test series beginning on Thursday?? The most eagerly anticipated test series in England since the Ashes, and if it's half as good as that series we are in for a momentous late summer.

South Africa are as tough as nails and will be quite a prospect but I take our boys to nick the series 2-1 amidst high drama and unbearable tension.

:thumbsup:

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Sure am, going Thursday and Friday although absolutely convinced that neither day will see anywhere like 90 overs, bearing in mind the weather forecast.
I think we'll draw at HQ (thanks to the rain delays - it's 5/4 for the draw and I've got on large there), then go 1-0 down, resulting in us bringing back Fred and Jonesy and nicking the Oval test to make it 1-1.
I loathe Graeme Smith but am looking forward to seeing Steyn and Mad-dog Nel with the new cherry and fat Jacques's brilliant all round game...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I can see why Flintoff and S Jones didn't get picked as they do need some more county cricket.

But we don't score enough runs, and i don't rate Ambrose, so i would've like Prior or Read to have been given another go

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I certainly am looking forward to it. Will be taking my seat in the Compton Stand shortly after 10am.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can see why Flintoff and S Jones didn't get picked as they do need some more county cricket.

But we don't score enough runs, and i don't rate Ambrose, so i would've like Prior or Read to have been given another go

Flintoff has not really done anything to justify selection.

With Jones, if you wait too long for him to 'get more county cricket' he'll be injured again. Get him back now.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Am also looking forward to it - I just hope the "Poms" do the business as I have had to keep rather quiet since the travesty of the Rugby World Cup!!

The series is being built up by the TV over here and the English are being described as "tough and in form"!! Unfortunately, Test Cricket here has taken a dive and is not very popular anymore, so will be interesting to see what reaction there is if the series is a good one.
Suspect SA will pick Morkel ahead of Nel. Here's hoping that the :jester: that is Graham Smith scores no runs whatsoever!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yep looking forward to this series

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
oh no, I f***ing love it!

:clap2:

Anyone else looking forward to the England v South Africa test series beginning on Thursday?? The most eagerly anticipated test series in England since the Ashes, and if it's half as good as that series we are in for a momentous late summer.

South Africa are as tough as nails and will be quite a prospect but I take our boys to nick the series 2-1 amidst high drama and unbearable tension.

:thumbsup:

Big time, especially as I am going to Lords on the Sunday to watch. Can't wait....

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Thursday's going to be a wash out looking at the forecast - I'm going Friday and it seems to be better then - lets hope so.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£75 for the Thursday and nowt for Friday as I'm a member. What what tally ho...

Gosh, make sure you keep all the great unwashed (non-members) under control then.

Can't have all that singing and noise at cricket matches, can we, what's wrong with a moderate "Shot!" accompanied by a manly clap or two and perhaps occasionally getting to one's feet for a batsman who made at least a double hundred.

;)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I'm going on Friday with my brother. Compton lower, 55 quid. I'm hoping it doens't rain at my visit to a Lord's test TWO years in a row.

How the DEUCE do you all get to be MCC members?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was offered a day at the Oval, full hospitality - the works....

And it's on a day that I'm on holiday:rant:

Should be a great series, England will do well to win this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here