I don't hate Crystal Palace

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I hate palarse
I hate the tory party
I hate some of my family partners
but hate don't mean I'm going to kill any of them just hate them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as someone else said, hate shouldnt be something to do with footbal at all*. its the wrong term, which should be reserved for things like kidney beans or Jeremy Kyle. how many (non-thugs) would actually insult a palace fan to their face or more? i think loathe is probably a better term our feeling between each other. i really want to see them do badly each week and almost as pleased when they lose as when we win.

*with the exception of MK Dons, and all that they represent. they stole a club from its fans, which are the club. far worse than the likes of Man U and money imo.

SE25 Nick

Nov 30, 2012
So basically, had Palace played Man United, and United won. You would have become a United supporter by your logic.

No not at all. I wanted to support the side I lived nearest too. Would never have crossed my mind to support Moan Utd.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Hate is a very strong word, so I would say that I extremely strongly dislike Palace and everything about the club.

That being said I know quite a few supporters who are OK, but also quite a few who are wankers. Guess this is the same for every football club tho

My family are related to the Gillams. In fact we're connected via Captain Fred Collins Gillam - quite a famous Brighton seafarer.

You'll find more here if interested...

Captain Frederick Collins

Another connection is my second cousin, who s Kenny Sansom.

Thanks for that Hamilton good read I'm going to look into this a bit more and find out the finer details of my family history from Brighton,once again many thanks

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
So basically, had Palace played Man United, and United won. You would have become a United supporter by your logic.

Yes, i was 8 in 1974 and the first game of football i watched was Liverpool Vs Newcastle FA Cup Final, Liverpool won 2-0 and i 'supported' them. It was another 4 years before i went to Selhurst to see my local team with my mates. Always look out for Liverpool results and in all honesty, i have never cared who won when my '2' teams played themselves. Can't think there are many (apart from the arguementative) who don't have a soft spot for a second team.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yes, i was 8 in 1974 and the first game of football i watched was Liverpool Vs Newcastle FA Cup Final, Liverpool won 2-0 and i 'supported' them. It was another 4 years before i went to Selhurst to see my local team with my mates. Always look out for Liverpool results and in all honesty, i have never cared who won when my '2' teams played themselves. Can't think there are many (apart from the arguementative) who don't have a soft spot for a second team.
LiverPool 9 Palace 0 that must of hurt

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
It makes me happy when they lose so I guess that's severe dislike at least. It's the second result I look out for after ours and if we lose and then they do the same it makes me feel a lot better

We don't hate you really.
Afterall, how can you hate something that you always get the better of?
Well I can't answer that particular question.
Can you?
Hating you would be like stamping on the head of a labrador puppy.
Which would be totally unacceptable.
Unless this labrador puppy was above us in the league.
Which it isn't.
So that's alright then.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
We don't hate you really.
Afterall, how can you hate something that you always get the better of?
Well I can't answer that particular question.
Can you?
Hating you would be like stamping on the head of a labrador puppy.
Which would be totally unacceptable.
Unless this labrador puppy was above us in the league.
Which it isn't.
So that's alright then.

Your memory obviously doesn't cast as far back as last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here