Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't believe it...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Way back in November I had a car accident (http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59734). Not my fault - passenger in car coming the other way pulled the hand brake putting a car into a spin in my path where upon I hit it. The front of my car was trashed and it has been repaired...and repaired...and repaired.

This morning I returned the courtesy car, again, and was reunited with my pride and joy, again. I was happily driving to work - the sun was out and the roof was down, it's a Friday and the World Cup starts today. All was well.

And then I went through some traffic lights which were green. And then a car who hadn't seen me turned right directly in my path. And then I ploughed into them completely trashing the front of my car. The world stopped briefly as I sat there in the middle of the road with my car making some very strange noises. I reflected on the other car which, by this time, was embedded in a traffic light and I thought "I don't bloody believe this has happened again."

No-one was hurt, which is always the good thing in these situations. My car - I hope it's a write-off - I'm not sure I'd ever trust a car that has had two big smashes to the front. Curiously (worryingly?) the airbag, which deployed last time, did not this time and I think the impact was greater. I've got a sore neck and a bit of a headache coming on so I might go to a doctor just in case.

Anyway, enough about me, how is your day going?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry to hear that Bozza. That car of yours must be cursed - if its somehow not declared a write-off this time, I'd get rid anyway. You have a responsibility to stay alive for all of us.

:thumbsup:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
f***ing hell mate, get down the doctors just incase. Absoloute nightmare, Out of curiosity why would the passenger pull the handbrake?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ever thought of getting a driver who can drive you around as you appear incompetant

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
DAMANCLAY said:
f***ing hell mate, get down the doctors just incase. Absoloute nightmare, Out of curiosity why would the passenger pull the handbrake?

The cars in front of them had stopped and he didn't think the driver had noticed.

"It was probably the handbrake that put us into a spin", he said.

"No shit", I thought.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My grandfather always said "always assume everyone on the roads are idiots", very true.

Sorry to hear that Bozza. You should at least speak to the firm that fixed your car, or the manufacturer if your air bag didn't deploy. That is not good.

Get rid of the car and get yourself a new one. There is always going to be that..."is it jinxed?" feeling.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Having a better day than you by the sound of it.

Would definatly be worth a trip to the Doc's or your local Casualty!

Guess some cars are just jinxed! I've had 1 of those before.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That's crap mate. Go to the doctors - whiplash and things like that don't necessarily emerge instantly. You could wake up tomorrow with a neck pain you don't have now.

And it will be very useful for your insurance claim if you can demonstrate that you had to have yourself medically checked.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bozza said:
The cars in front of them had stopped and he didn't think the driver had noticed.

"It was probably the handbrake that put us into a spin", he said.

"No shit", I thought.

f***ing idiot, just read the other thread. Was more likely to kill someone pulling the handbrake than going in to the back of the other car anyway. Sounds like you were lucky both times!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
You don't have much luck with cars do you Bozza. Didn't one of yours get nicked a while back aswell?
Deffo go to the doctors and get your whiplash confirmed then you can try and claim some wedge of their insurance for personal injury.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yeah last car was nicked. That was sort of humourous too in that I was in the gym swimming and they broke into my locker and stole everything apart from my shoes. They then used my key to take my car from the car park.

It became humourous when I had to detail everything that was stolen down to the level of boxer short colour, brand, size etc.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bozza said:

It became humourous when I had to detail everything that was stolen down to the level of boxer short colour, brand, size etc.

:D

Did it ever turn up?

Not your boxers, the car.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Blimey Bozza, I wouldn't waste your money on a Lottery ticket because you seem to have worse luck than I do. Sorry to hear about the car. I'm impressed that you didn't kick the crap out of the other bloke though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hmmmm, a car accident in November eh? Your opponent didn't yank the handbreak on a bicycle did he causing you to puncture his self with a set of swift blows and a case full of scabbards chortling through the air?!

:)

Hope you're alright. Casualty is funny. Well worth a visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here