Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] I didn't come here for a lecture in Communism

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
A foolproof roadmap to Utopia you say?

Now, I’m all ears.............

i note that you were the only person to thumb up dingodan's post wellthick. :lolol:

you do make me laugh, you never quite understand what's being said :rolleyes:

i you read thru' the thread all will be explained :p

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
The real question is how do you get there?

There are really only two ways.

A free people who discover for themselves the neccessity of taking responsibility and then who live their lives with that in mind, setting a good example to their neighbours while respecting the fact that their neighbours too need to discover these things for themselves, and attempting to assist in that with respectful attempts to convince, using civil debate and discussion, involving listening to one another and holding respect for the individuality and autonomy of all people as something neccessary of vigilant protection, understanding that all of what is needed cannot be properly achieved without it.

Or a totalitarian system, where a central group of authority figures decide what is required by all and ensure it with force. Where people do what is required not because they understand and have integrated it's neccessity, but merely because they fear the repercussions of disobediance. Where you shame and marginalize and stigmatize your neighbours if they are not on the same page, where debate and discussion is scolding and doesn't involve listening, rather it involves shouting louder than the other person. Where indiviuality and autonomy is the enemy, in the belief that uniformity is the only means of achieving what is neccessary.

We have accepted the former and rejected the latter.

Let's keep it that way please.

I have highlighted the part that resembles all NSC political threads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here