Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I come in peace !

Ipswich Town Fan

Feb 20, 2012
Greetings

For some unaccountable reason the trip to the Goldstone (whoops) has created near hysteria amongst Town fans and our ticket allocation sold out immediately and there are quite a few fans travelling without tickets. Generally speaking is it possible to get tickets outside the ground if you hang about and offer a little over the odds ?

Have a soft spot for Albion, can remember a fixture at PR in May 1992. We had won the title and you were going down but your fans travelled in numbers (and in fancy dress) and clapped the Town team at the end.

We are in a cracking run of form and looking good so Sat should be a good game.

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Greetings

For some unaccountable reason the trip to the Goldstone (whoops) has created near hysteria amongst Town fans and our ticket allocation sold out immediately and there are quite a few fans travelling without tickets. Generally speaking is it possible to get tickets outside the ground if you hang about and offer a little over the odds ?

Have a soft spot for Albion, can remember a fixture at PR in May 1992. We had won the title and you were going down but your fans travelled in numbers (and in fancy dress) and clapped the Town team at the end.

Probably not.

Best chance is pubs.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
You may as well tell any fans you know who are travelling without tickets not to bother, every home game ticket has been sold out this season and Saturday will be no exception.

Enjoy your trip.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I remeber that game You went up we went down, good atmosphere all fans were on the pitch after, as for your question probably not, never seen a tout at The AMEX (RIP Golstone)

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
you should try groupon

D

Deleted member 18477

i hope we batter you. i'm not going to lie but i hate ipswich as a club. and norwich are wankers as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very little chance of getting tickets as it'll be sold out or near as dammit for us too.

I'm really sorry, but I just can't look at your club without thinking of this. It's completely disturbing.

pauljewell.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
Greetings

we clapped the town at the end , DON'T THINK SO ! , WASTING YOUR TIME TRAVELLING WITHOUT A TICKET

Jan 30, 2008
I remeber that game You went up we went down, good atmosphere all fans were on the pitch after, as for your question probably not, never seen a tout at The AMEX (RIP Golstone)
hostile at the end ,BHA were trying to storm the pitch, STEWARDS BATTLING TO HOLD THE GATES TOGETHER ,

D

Deleted member 18477

Greetings

yea if you hang around the south stand you should be able to get one. you'll have to pay well over the odds though as the guys sitting in that stand on sat will have travelled along way themselves too.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As a Junior Seagull, Ipswich were responsible for my first ever experience of the heartbreak of losing to a last minute goal.

It was at the Goldstone, probably about 1989 or 1990 I reckon, and some no-mark called Mich D'Avray scored the winner I believe. The name is burned into my consciousness to this day :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
My overriding recollections of that game were a massive crush in our end, fancy dress (mainly Elvis lookalikes it seemed) and trouble outside.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ipswich have spent a bit and have a great team on paper. Should be in the play offs with that squad. On a great run of 4 straight wins incl thrashing the top two (admittedly at home) and I really feel Sat will be very tough. Our home form is good too though - A point wouldn't be a bad result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here