Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I cant think of anything more boring than moving to Spain

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I am lucky enough to have an Apartment in Spain but since my dad died I cant stand Spain anymore.

I find the place so fake and beaurocratic its beyond a joke.

I know its most people dreams to move to Spain but I really cannot see the appeal of it anymore.

Just saw those f***ing saps on GMTV showing of their 4 million pound house off, and I am thinking what a bunch of complete sad people they are.

Do you know the most important things to me,

1) My family
2) My health
3) No stress

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
move to spain and you get all those,if my wifes family is to go by.they moved 2 years ago,have nice house,lifestyle and very stressfree,infact her brother takes 3 months off in summer from the building trade(to hot anyway),could you do that here,dont think so!!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What I don't like about British Spain is the majority who move over there just turn the place into Britain with a bit of sun.

We hired a villa in Villamartin for a few days in July and everybody we saw was English, food was english, supermarket was english, they even had a boot fair on the Sunday morning ffs.

Depends what you want. If you want England with sunshine there's plenty of that, but personally we much prefer living with the Spanish in the Spanish way. Very quiet (now the Spanish holiday season is over), very laid back, peaceful countrytside yet 20 minutes from a huge empty beach. I'm off to UK on Wednesday, looking forward to 3 Albion games and to seeing my kids but that's all, I'll be glad to get back here again!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and you get the bonus of an afternoon sleep, and very relaxed drinking

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Spain is the nuts - my Dad lives on the Costa Balnca and i f***ing love the whole place.

My mate lives in Marbella and that is very nice indeed - i hope to move out there within the next 5 years with the family!
:drink:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Cheeky Monkey said:
I couldn't be doing with all that heat. Give me Blighty's slate grey skies anyday.

I certainly could move out their before I retire, working in that heat. No way would I get the enthusiam to work again after an afternoon siesta.

Surely after the novelty wears off waking up each day to see the same bland scenery must get a bit boring

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I wouldn't want to live on the Costas with all those crusty old rich Brit types (er, like my dad who's moving there once he retires in a few years)

However a nice apartment overlooking El Retiro in Madrid would do very nicely :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here