Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I can't be arsed tonight

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
If you think I'm not a supporter because I'm pissed off about this situation and dare to rant about it on a message board then you're a f***ing idiot. And the same goes for your three Norman mates backing you up on this thread.

Now why don't you treat yourself to a good wank for being the greatest uber-supporter on this board. Ever. Meanwhile I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

ooh, the big man throwing the abuse around! :bigwave:

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Im interested to know how a club in Brighton's situation can run and survive with just "good fans"

Is it unreal for people to think that a team that finished 7th last year shouldnt be any where near the drop zone?

Im all for backing the club to a point but you really are so far up Knights arse its unreal, just because people dont like the way the club is going doesnt mean they support it any less than people like you who seem to accept anything and because they dont say a bad word against the club believe they are super fans.

you could argue that finishing seventh was the start of the slide, i mean carlisle made the play offs last year but they arent top now, where were charlton last year etc etc one seventh place finish in an altogether poorer division proves nothing.So the board made a mistake but i for one am still glad wilkins got the sack.

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
If you think I'm not a supporter because I'm pissed off about this situation and dare to rant about it on a message board then you're a f***ing idiot. And the same goes for your three Norman mates backing you up on this thread.

Now why don't you treat yourself to a good wank for being the greatest uber-supporter on this board. Ever. Meanwhile I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

whatever

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
you could argue that finishing seventh was the start of the slide, i mean carlisle made the play offs last year but they arent top now, where were charlton last year etc etc one seventh place finish in an altogether poorer division proves nothing.So the board made a mistake but i for one am still glad wilkins got the sack.
Carlisle off loaded at least two of there best players in Garner and Westwood(or eastwood:dunce:) Brighton added to the squad.

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Carlisle off loaded at least two of there best players in Garner and Westwood(or eastwood:dunce:) Brighton added to the squad.

westwood

Fair enough but i dont for one minute believe wilkins would have taken us up, dont believe he would have taken us down, but then i am sure knight believed he couldnt take us up and thats where the problems started.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So why are you still logged in, and reading this thread almost an hour later?

I'm not getting into debate tonight about the team, my general feelings are in the first post. I hadn't planned to post again this evening, but there is little point in waiting until the morning to answer you just to prove a point. :ascarf:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm afraid its true about some of the fans of this club especially at home its such an embarrasement and I'm speaking as someone who can't bring myself to go to the Withdean and just do the away games. I don't feel bad about that because the soul of the club has gone from the home games. At home its full of the old Goldstone South Stand moaners who know nothing about football. Even when we were doing ok at home the atmosphere was so bad its unreal and i think too many people have accepted that as the norm.

What utter nonsense. The Withdean crowd is made up of Goldstone South Stand moaners is it?

No mention of how quickly the North Stand used to get on certain players backs. No mention of how the West Stand fans would remain virtually silent at all times.

None of the hero season ticket holders who went to Gillingham week in week out, decided to go to Withdean? None of the brilliant away support go to Withdean either?

Look Withdean is a bad place to watch football and is very difficult to create any atmosphere and there is no realistic way of creating a proper singing area like the old North Stand.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
westwood

Fair enough but i dont for one minute believe wilkins would have taken us up, dont believe he would have taken us down, but then i am sure knight believed he couldnt take us up and thats where the problems started.

Maybe he could of maybe he couldnt of, we will never know.

But I think its safe to say Under Wilkins Brighton would not be in drop zone.

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Ambitious?

It was f***ing ridiculous.

Wilkins was one of the most boring managers we have ever had, it was ambitiuos in that it was obvious to most people that wilkins wouldnt take us up this year so yes it was ambitious although i can see that it now appears ridiculous

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Dick Knight got rid of DW purely over a personality clash. Nothing to do with ambition at all. DK is the master of spin and PR and he knew that sacking a dedicated servant of the club wouldnt look too good (correct) so he got MA back to lessen the flack from supporters, again nothing to do with ambition. Remember Spurs doing the same thing with Terry Venables, fired him and got in Ossie Ardiles, a Spurs hero. That didnt work either.
So this situation is about one man or maybe some of the board making a non footballing decision that has backfired royally but dont hold your breath for anyone to hold their hands up, way too many big egos.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wilkins was one of the most boring managers we have ever had, it was ambitiuos in that it was obvious to most people that wilkins wouldnt take us up this year so yes it was ambitious although i can see that it now appears ridiculous
Well I hope this season is exciting enough for you.

Absolute jokers.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Deary me. A performance that actually showed some passion for a change; a team that had a large proportion of new Lonee's; a game we might well have won - if we weren't in the shit; & a new manager who shows an appetite for the fight & is already doing his best to turn things around? You serial whiners really ought to take a long, hard look at yourselves & seriously consider the real reasons that you continue to associate your sorry arses with this football club. f***ing pathetic. :tosser:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I agree to a point, but sacking him was an ambitiuos move that has backfired and we now have to rebuild.

f***ing AMBITIOUS....?

You have got to be joking....!

Is Dick Knight capable of reading a CV....?

If he had, he might have noticed Micky Adams CV of the last two or three years was littered with failure...!!

This was the result of one mans ego being bigger than the club.............and an "old pals act".

Ambitious, my arse...!!

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
f***ing AMBITIOUS....?

You have got to be joking....!

Is Dick Knight capable of reading a CV....?

If he had, he might have noticed Micky Adams CV of the last two or three years was littered with failure...!!

This was the result of one mans ego being bigger than the club.............and an "old pals act".

Ambitious, my arse...!!

you obviously dont know your facts so i will enlighten you
mickys record post brighton

-1 promotion to PREMIER LEAGUE only achieved by one brighton manager past or present.
-1 relegation
-Kept coventry up
-Took coventry to 8th placed finish on poor budget
-Resigned with coventry in 16th place.
Only one releagation from premier league with liecester and look where they are now, are coventry any better without him.

But then you are another one who thinks if wilkins weere here we would be champions by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here