Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I CANNOT Believe I am Saying This

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
and it kind of hurts me to hear myself saying it. But for the first time in YEARS, maybe ever, I am not actually that fussed about missing a Brighton game. Normally I am as excited as I was the first time I watched us play in 1987.

My mate asked me if I wanted to do a silly pub crawl this weekend, and I said yes. Not begrudgingly, I actually thought it is better than going to the football. I have not felt like this before, have I actually fallen out of love with it all after 20 years?

Those of you that know me, I go to pretty much every game home and away, and the few games I have missed, I have always tried to find out the score. This weekend, I don’t think I am actually fussed if I don’t find out the score on the day, I will just get on with actually enjoying my days off work.

Last weekend, a Saturday without football, I really enjoyed, and I am happy to do it again, even though there is a Brighton game to go to. Its not a lack of money, just enthusiam. It seems weird, especially so soon after long trips to Hartlepool twice, Carlisle, Stockport etc.

I'm tired of the excuses from the players and managers, just admit you are poor, and then maybe, just maybe you will be embarrassed into pulling yourselves out of this mess!!

Its seems now, that football is just a middle (sober) part of a day out with friends, and the result is forgotten by about 6pm on a Saturday.

With a works Christmas party on Friday 12th, a break until the Shrewsbury game is what I need to get me excited about watching the team again.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well said Brettles.

If the PLAYERS and MANAGER quite clearly cant be arsed then why should the fans?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
If nothing has worried Dick Knight yet that should. Let's hope the banks funding Falmer don't see this. If Mendoza can't be arsed we are seriously f***ed.

Stumpy Tim

I reached that point many years ago to be honest. I have to say, comments from the staff like "Look at the bigger picture" and "the fans will have to live with it" make it worse.

People don't spend hard-earned money to look at the bigger picture. If it's a work in progress, please let us know when you're done and we'll come back

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I feel exactly the same. Missing my 2nd game of season on sat and really am not bothered. It was quite nice not having to get up at 4am for an away game last week and just watching Soccer Sat.

I hope I will get the buzz back in a few weeks...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yeah i know the feeling, kinda lost interest recently.

Will still go to MK in couple of weeks but have lost the exitement that i used to have.

So much apathy surrounding the club at the moment with the poor performances and i think the final straw with me came last week when Dean f***ing White said that us fans need to look at the 'bigger picture'

Was f***ing livid when i read that and if the club don't start to realise that they are pissing off the fans they are in trouble

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well said Brettles.

If the PLAYERS and MANAGER quite clearly cant be arsed then why should the fans?
I suspect it's got less to do with the manager and players, and more to do with Brettles simply growing up. There really ought to be a lot more to life than following a football team to any adult with half a brain.

Of course, the current state of the club is simply accelerating the process for most of us. Although it's a bit of a paradox really, because the very existence of the club is absolutely paramount to the community IMO, but when it's there and bumbling along in division 3 or 4 showing any lack of ambition, I personally can barely be arsed with it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It will be sods law that we will win at Oldham, but for once I am starting to see what my non-albion friends (or even some Albion friends) are telling me, and questioning is it really worth it.

I dont think I can live without it too long, but at the moment, I am just not that fussed about not going on Saturday.

Oddly enough, the Saturday will still involve lots of alcohol and half a day spent on trains, but it will make a refreshing change to be without the soccer kickballers

I feel exactly the same. Missing my 2nd game of season on sat and really am not bothered. It was quite nice not having to get up at 4am for an away game last week and just watching Soccer Sat.

I hope I will get the buzz back in a few weeks...

I felt like this after the trip to Carlisle so cancelled the hotel for Stockport and haven't been since. Have now booked a couple of weekend breaks with the Mrs this month and can't see myself being at a game until the New Year. I've even been thinking of giving my ST away - shame really but after 48 years of watching the Albion I really can't be arsed at present.
It's all been so very disappointing and wasn't what I expected when parting with my £400+ last April. "Not fit for purpose" is an understatement imo.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I felt like this after the trip to Carlisle so cancelled the hotel for Stockport and haven't been since. Have now booked a couple of weekend breaks with the Mrs this month and can't see myself being at a game until the New Year. I've even been thinking of giving my ST away - shame really but after 48 years of watching the Albion I really can't be arsed at present.
It's all been so very disappointing and wasn't what I expected when parting with my £400+ last April. "Not fit for purpose" is an understatement imo.

The players and management should be made to read this post. Over and Over again.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know it's an obvious point, but one of the reasons why increasingly it's either a) support your team or b) have a life, is the spiralling cost.

To support your team these days (and for this I'm thinking home and away, petrol/trains, everything else that goes with it) it costs a bloody fortune. It is almost by necessity to the exclusion of a lot of other stuff.

So when you do get to go and do some of those other things, no wonder that it's enjoyable.

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Nige, I cant believe you feel like this too, it just seems to have gone so horribly wrong.

I was about to book my trains for Tranmere at the weekend, and thought, actually I cant be arsed at present either. Saturday before Christmas is one which I normally one of the best games to go to.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Worryingly, you are more than likely correct.

which is where the biggest problem lies. They are just assuming that the fans will stick with it because they just have to, whilst looking at the bigger picture!

The Hartlepool FA Cup game must have been a worry to them. No season ticket holders get in for free, everyone had to buy a reduced ticket. 2,400 people took up the offer. Slightly worrying, no? ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
IT is a duty and chore rather than a pleasure for me. I was sat at the Millwall game in the monsoon and hurricane winds at 3.05pm and did not give a shit infact they only thing I was looking forward to was 4.50pm and going home. We played well that day which made it just about bearable but that is the last time I am going to sit in those conditions. I got another cold after that and if its pissing down again at 2pm for the afternoon I am not going. I would rather sit in a warm pub.

It has been utter gash now for about 3 years.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I think this fairly accurately sums up mine and most of my friends attitudes at the moment as well. Its just a case well I've paid for the home games so I may as well go but I know the football won't be very enjoyable and chancews are I'll be cold and wet by the end. For the first time in years I am having doubts about whetehr I am even gonna bother next year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looking forward to Boxing Day game already tho. There's something about Boxing Day football. Always a good atmosphere. Used to be the best thing ever when you'd go to the dogs in the morning (hare with the xmas hat on!) then down the road to the Goldstone for an early kick-off. Always loved that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
said this yesterday, know many who wont go until it improves. With Falmer work starting as well , will anyone actually be bothered with Withdean for the next 2 seasons. Unless the football improves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here