Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I cannot believe how many old and young duffers are moan moan moaning about the Elton

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Easy 10 said:
Ear muffs.

:thumbsup:
dsc000362pl.jpg

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Gwylan said:
He doesn't: he's talking rubbish. Those flats behind the Gilligan stand were built in the 70s, but there has been talk of floodlit cricket since the 60s at least (and was being played by Kerry Packer's teams in the late 70s). It shouldn't have taken much brainpower to have worked out that there would be floodlit cricket at Sussex at some point. In fact, it arrived a bit later than I expected.

As for the crowds, under old safety laws, the ground could hold about 15,000 (and did for big games). The people in the flats know have to put up with half that number.

I agree about the music though - it's one thing I find irrritating about 20/20.

Are those flats called Ashdown or something like that?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Gwylan said:
My point is that they should have envisaged it. It was obvious that night-time cricket was going to come in, so he shouldn't have been shocked.

Are you seriously suggesting that someone buying one of those flats years ago should have thought to themselves: "Hmmm...I really like this place, but will I want to live here in 20 years time when I know for certain that there will be floodlit cricket matches with loud music going on outside"?

What a load of cock.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Grendel said:
Are you seriously suggesting that someone buying one of those flats years ago should have thought to themselves: "Hmmm...I really like this place, but will I want to live here in 20 years time when I know for certain that there will be floodlit cricket matches with loud music going on outside"?

What a load of cock.

Exactly, who could have predicted 20 years ago that such a gentile boring old farts game could become so chavved up :lol:

*ducks*

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Am I missing something? People whose houses overlook the cricket ground are complaning?

But their houses overlook the cricket ground!!!!!!!

Lucky, lucky bastards.

Exactly, if they don't like it then I'll happily move there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a miserable old bastard. You can guarantee if the cricket ground WAS "redeveloped", he'd be the first one whining to the Argus about all the increased traffic in the area, blah blah. He wants a cricket stump strategically inserted up his puckered brown star. Thats what he wants.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There are soooooooo many grumpy people about, it is very depressing.

Tonight, I hope he leans out of his window to tell people to keep the noise down, only to be stuck on the head by a majestically hit six by Grizzly.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
BarrelofFun said:
There are soooooooo many grumpy people about, it is very depressing.

Tonight, I hope he leans out of his window to tell people to keep the noise down, only to be stuck on the head by a majestically hit six by Grizzly.

or falls out :lol: (oops did I say that?)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
tedebear said:
or falls out :lol: (oops did I say that?)

I am shocked and also impressed. The replies to the argus don't seem to shut these nimby's up, so I guess.....;)

He does have a point, but we are not talking about 24/7 365 days a year.

Twenty20 happens, what 5 times at hove and the Elton concert was the first concert there for donkeys years. Was he complaining about the firework display there, or does he like those?

Dandyman

In London village.
Surely anyone complaining about the utter BEIGEFEST that an Elton John concert undoubtedly is, deserves some sort of aethetics appreciation prize.

D

Deleted User X18H

I wish some one would write into the Argus defending Elton.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
"...constantly getting up to get more beer and coming back with it and, in the process, falling on us, treading on our feet and generally being pains in the backside."

So get out of the bloody way then you stupid cow
:angry:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Grendel said:

What a load of cock.

Well yes.

While he might not have been able to predict the exact form that cricket would have taken, it was clear that night-time cricket was coming.

It's like people who complain about air traffic after having moved near an airport, arguing that they could have coped with the level of traffic 20 years ago but not with it now. Or people who move near a major road and complain about current volumes.

The world changes and if you're planning on living in a flat/house you look at what's it going to be like in 10 or 20 years time. Of course, there are things that can't be predicted. The Falmer residents couldn't have predicted a football stadium near to them for example. But the cricket ground doesn't come in that category; this bloke's a tosser of the first order.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Yep, I'm sure next time they have a concert they'll pass up the opportunity to increase revenue by having the bars open throughout because Sharon Morley wrote a letter to the Argus.

:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here