Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I bought a radio controlled BIRD today

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Look, its one of THESE

[yt]bO1dF3WDrPA[/yt]

Quite an amazing bit of kit, very cleverly made. Its a bit tricky to fly, but I'm getting to GRIPS with it now. You have to alter the trim till you can get it flying straight, then you can start flapping round the room like a GOODUN. Its freaking my cockatiel Casper out a bit at the moment, but I'm hoping he'll get used to it so I can RACE him round the living room.

All hail the i-BIRD :clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
where did you get that from? and may i be so bold as to enquire about the price? it looks AMAZING

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm glad I've seen that, because I had a wind up one that I bought from Paris on school trip.

No-one has ever believed me and I've never seen anything similiar since until tonight.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
where did you get that from? and may i be so bold as to enquire about the price? it looks AMAZING

Of course you may.
I bought it in Red 5, the gadget shop in Churchill Square, for fifteen of your english pounds (reduced from £25). Batteries not included - it takes four AA's.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Of course you may.
I bought it in Red 5, the gadget shop in Churchill Square, for fifteen of your english pounds (reduced from £25). Batteries not included - it takes four AA's.

I seem to recall my bird was wound up by inserting a handle in its rear end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I seem to recall my bird was wound up by inserting a handle in its rear end.

Yes, they don't take too kindly to that do they.
This one is all electric, and the mechanics of it are frankly a miracle of modern engineering. Your left thumb controls the THRUST (ie how hard its FLAPPING), whilst the right thumb controls the turning. When its flying, the eye lights up and EVERYTHING.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can we see footage of Casper in action as well please ?

Then maybe US can start offering odds on who would win the race ?, should Casper choose to accept the challenge of course.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You could REALLY have some fun outside a pub at chucking out time with one of those or in the cinema during a horror flick

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Disappointing-I was expecting to see the next generation blow-up doll...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here