Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am quitting NSC

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
Glenn Hoddle said:
I don’t post very often but I felt I needed to post today just to say I am appalled at the treatment my father has received from some NSC posters. This thread underlines what I mean.
My dad has been an Albion supporter for more than 35 years (long before I was born and many of you too) and an NSC poster since 1999. Yet he was slagged off and people said he should be banned for just being correct about the timing of the Falmer stadium announcement. I reckon it was due to his digging and postings on Monday that this site had its most ever posters on Tuesday morning. There I have said it and I am still angry. I am also expecting a severe row when (and if) my dad reads this.

Relax. It's a message board. Don't take it seriously. Your old man and your nan are legends here. I don't know what was posted but it isn't worth getting angry over.

Oooooom

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
FFS your dad is a plum if he's got offended on a bloody internet messageboard

He should grow up and stop taking everything to heart

The whole point of NSC is to air your views about all things Albion related and otherwise, and often people disagree.......and this makes the board interesting

People have a pop at me, and I have a pop at others....but I certainly don't get all huffy and say "I'm off"

What a plum :nono:

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Dancin Ninja BHA said:

People have a pop at me, and I have a pop at others....but I certainly don't get all huffy and say "I'm off"

Shame. :salute:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Biscuit said:

I left to cool off for a few weeks not long ago made me feel better.

you did WHAT?

this is an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.

what ever would you need to 'cool off' on an internet message board from?

richard, you complete and utter :jester:

dear o dear.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Sticks and stones Vlad, sticks and stones.......

And my Doc Martens...

:p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Oh yes the usual

Its only a message board

Get a sense of humour

The truth is that words do hurt people. Whether or not you care about that is a different matter.

Just dont be surprised that people do get upset. It is nothing to do with being grown up or otherwise.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
Oh yes the usual

Its only a message board

Get a sense of humour

The truth is that words do hurt people. Whether or not you care about that is a different matter.

Just dont be surprised that people do get upset. It is nothing to do with being grown up or otherwise.

Sorry Yorkie, but I never said to OTLW get a sense of humour, I just said get a life

If he can't take a bit of gip on an internet message-board from people he doesn't know, will never know and can't see, then that's f***ing sad in my book. To state "I'm off" in a 5year old manner is just pathetic

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dancin Ninja

I wasn't referring to you in particular but others in general.

Whenever anybody gets upset by something posted those are the sorts of things that are listed (I forgot get a life)

As far as I am aware Nsc was always going to be similar to a pub where various discussions were taking place.

Some of the stuff typed here would never be said to anyone face to face but because it is an internet message board then it seems to be acceptable

I have met OTLW at Hull when we did the Valentines Card for Prescott so we do meet people from here.

All I am saying is that people should think twice before typing stuff.

There now, you've got me being all serious and Mumsy yet again
:lolol:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Yorkie said:
Oh yes the usual

Its only a message board

Get a sense of humour

Yorkie,

I wasn't have a dig at you.
I was just confused as to what, on here, had caused Richard to need to 'leave and cool off for a few weeks'. I still am. :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I know you weren't having a dig at me.

I was commenting on the thread as a whole not anyone in particular.

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
FFS your dad is a plum if he's got offended on a bloody internet messageboard

He should grow up and stop taking everything to heart

The whole point of NSC is to air your views about all things Albion related and otherwise, and often people disagree.......and this makes the board interesting

What a plum :nono:

I take exception to this 'plum' word, I like plums and prunes, and am planning to one day actually be one. Next you will be having a go at figs, and I have a tree in my garden that the squirrels are already at, little bastards.

Seriously though, you stick a post on here and you run the risk that people might not agree, and might even call you a twat - and Dancin Ninja is right, you'd have to be plum to get that bent out of shape.

Any recipients should give any shite right back, if they have any yarbles .

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
the full harris said:
you did WHAT?

Lets back track...'I left to cool off for a few weeks not long ago made me feel better.'

the full harris said:
this is an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.

Well spotted. Have a sticker.

the full harris said:
what ever would you need to 'cool off' on an internet message board from?

Well I got cramp from constantly the same replies to the same wind ups.

the full harris said:

richard, you complete and utter :jester:

Yes James, I pride myself on it.

the full harris said:

dear o dear.

Afraid so.

Last edited:

I'd like to see OTLW back on NSC, for the simple reason that his contributions are always worth reading.

I wish I could say the same for everybody who posts here.

OTLW isn't the first person to quit and I guess he won't be the last. Some people come back, but many haven't.

What the abusers didn't realise, of course, was that OTLW is one of the better informed posters that NSC had.

And he deserves hero status for what he did for National Falmer Day.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I still don't understand why he quit, he was, as Easy 10 said, completely correct.

He even pm'ed me how he knew cos I asked.

don't get it?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'd like to echo Lord Bracknell's sentiments. OTLW's comments were always well thought out, and given his journalistic background it was always interesting to read his insights into the political background to what seems to the majority of us as a simple matter of 'Yes' or 'No'. I am suprised that he has decided not to post anymore, as I can't really recall anyone giving him much in the way of stick, but it is his perogative to do so. I expect he'll still keep involved in the Falmer campaign in his own way, and I'd like to wish him well, and thank him for broadening my own knowledge and perspective a little.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
If you're still wearing Doc Martens in 2004 then you'll either a student, a pikey or a very misguided skin :ohmy:

Or all three if I was really unlucky. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here