Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am not moaning, just commenting,

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Dicks Bar
Went there in the week for a beer and a snack as I didn't fancy queueing up on a match day. Loved the collage/murale and the stars of yesteryear on the glass but I couldn't help thinking that it looked and felt like a works canteen, I thought it was going to have more of a pub feel about it and I dont think I'll bother again. I prefer the hothouse (for this month only) atmosphere of the WSU cocncourse.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Reckon you're in the minority there. Was rammed yesterday before the game and much cosier than the concourses with a greater selection of beer. I love Dicks

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There is always a good atmosphere after a match, though I do agree it feels a bit sterile in there! It needs more personalisation which I'm sure will happen over time!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I like it in there too, but they really need to sort out the tv's, hardly any of them had sky sports on when I was in there. They just had the dicks bar logo!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Dicks Bar
Went there in the week for a beer and a snack as I didn't fancy queueing up on a match day. Loved the collage/murale and the stars of yesteryear on the glass but I couldn't help thinking that it looked and felt like a works canteen, I thought it was going to have more of a pub feel about it and I dont think I'll bother again. I prefer the hothouse (for this month only) atmosphere of the WSU cocncourse.

I met my boss who is based in Ringwood (hampshire) in there and he was impressed with the place as a facility to meet colleagues on a non match day and he said he would definately be using it as a meeting place again. Im just proud as a brighton fan to be able to show off our new home!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I had a great time in Dicks Bar yesterday before the match, place was packed as Arsenal vs Li.verpool was on. Thought the bar staff was great and the queues were never too bad to get a beer. I am more than happy with the set up as a pre match bar.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
It is effectively a staff canteen for more time than it's a bar though, so that makes sense. Been in there once on a non matchday, doubt I'll ever go again.

don't worry, you didn't miss anything.

4 wins out of 4. Who'd have thought it?

I say, our Ashley, I say..... No it wasn't quite that bad, I left just after the equalizer (yes, Edward Woodward was sitting next to me) actually that makes me sound like a real bad fan, anyhoo in conclusion, a greatful as I am for facilities such as Dick's Bar I wont be missing the end of the match again to sample them

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Need to Get something like a ' fans wall' going In there, photos of those who didn't make it, pics of our brave boys and girls I'n the forces, you know, when they pose on a tank I'n their stripes. oppo scarves. Shirts, messages, stuff like that. Hang em from the ceiling, pin em to the wall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here